Thursday, December 7

Take This Sabbath Day


I am an idiot. I just thought you should all know that. I feel like microwaved crap right now and instead of sitting snug in my bed drugging myself with cold meds and chicken soup I'm at work. Will I take tomorrow off? No. I'll talk about it, think about it, but when the alarm goes off at 6:30 I'll drag myself up and out the door. Will I be here on Saturday? Yeah. Why? Because I am under the delusion that the place would fall apart without me (not true) and I hate walking back into work after you've had a day or two off and seeing that scarily huge pile of papers on your desk. Plus it makes me feel like a wimp. AND--this is the big one-- I'm going out to watch the games on Sunday with a couple of guys from work and (some of them actually picked the Packers in the pool this week) I am not going to miss it and I don't want to feel guilty about it. I know there wouldn't be a need for me to feel guilty- but I've been warped by my mother's work ethic. They'll have to boot me out of here to make me get some rest. So we're back to my original point- I'm an idiot. But I'm trying to look on the bright side: if someone pisses me off I can cough on them!

0 Comments: