Friday, February 9

Well traveled and worn...


" We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"


Of course my life isn't anything like I thought it would be when I was younger. I don't know many people who are actually living their childhood dream. I guess the trick is to find new dreams. Adult ambitions. Hmmm...it's possible that was not the most prudent turn of phrase but we'll let it go.

The dreams of our childhood are not necessarily childish and should be cherished. I still harbor the secret ambitions of a seven year old. Their light spills over onto the dreams that have grown up with me. I will have my bookstore in Seattle. That is a dream I have turned into a plan and as I look around myself right now I am so grateful that I had the guts to start making it a reality. I might not be on the road less traveled, or the road of my girlhood fantasies, but it is finally a road that I have chosen and I am feeling pretty good about that today.

I have a friend, Tim, who is an artist. He's working on websites instead of sketches because this is the real world and there are bills to pay. But I was talking to him about setting up an internet gallery and getting his art out that way.

Like everything else it comes down to choice. How many of your dreams are you going to let go? And what are you willing to do to keep the creative part of you not just alive- but flourishing? I don't have all the answers. I don't even have half of them, but I'm finally asking the right questions and maybe sometimes that's enough.

0 Comments: