Saturday, March 10

Mercy Creek

Yesterday pretty much sucked at work. I had ten million things to do - I had questions about all of them and the clock was ticking. I've been talked to about my overtime. Ok- here's my question: How am I supposed to do three jobs and run a search to replace myself in the time that it used to take me to do one job? Contrary to what you might have heard I do not have super human speed. Whatever. Fuck it. I walked out the door and let it go. Actually I went and picked out my birthday present (bedroom furniture from my Dad) and that helped me let it go.
I got a call last night from GE and Sega to come hang out and I was riding on a shopping high so I decided what the hell- I'll go play with the boys. I would talk about Sega but he gets lost somehow in translation. He's one of those people who has to be experienced. Suffice it to say that I simply adore him. GE spent the night trying to get me to go home with him, but he was so sweet about it that it didn't bother me. We ended up listening to this band- Mercy Creek- that was really good. I knew it was time for me to go home when I started thinking 'deep thoughts' about the singers place in modern society. Yeah...

0 Comments: