Thursday, May 17

Know Thyself ... Sorta

Yesterday at work I got this email:

Describe me in one word.... just one single word. Send it to me and to me only. Then send this message to all your friends and see how many strange & interesting things they say about you. This is really fun.Here's how to Play: 1. Hit the reply key and send me my one word. 2. Then return to this message, and forward it to your friends(including me) and see what people say about you when limited to one word!!!The Game is On!!!!!!

Of course it is impossible to describe someone in one word. What people are really looking for are compliments…and clues. They want to force you to say something nice about them and (if they are at all narcissistic) use that one thing to infer others about how you see them. I am not at all above this. Frankly there isn’t much that I’m above when it’s mid morning and the telephones are driving me crazy. So here is what was said about me:

Bubbly
Cheerful
Eccentric
Funny
Facetious
Fantastic

While I am, undoubtedly fantastic, can on occasion be facetious, and have always been eccentric I refuse to claim either bubbly or cheerful as they are generally misunderstood sarcasm or tools used to mask the internal gnashing of teeth taking place.
I’ll see your funny and raise you hilarious, sexy, brilliant AND modest. So HA!

2 Comments:

His Sinfulness said...

I'd be tempted to give them something so odd that they would spend hours trying to read my intentions. Like these words:

Plaid
Butterscotch
Lacrosse
Hammer
Fizzy

D said...

HA! back at you babe, I laid down the "bubbly" and match you as defined -BUBBLY, Full of high spirits; enthusiastic, animation, or excitement. I say what I mean. I have seen all of the above in my short time in G world. And it's all a goodthang! D