Friday, June 8

The Date...ish


“And though your soul it can’t be bought
Your mind can wonder”

I got presents!!! A Piglet plush and a Tigger plush- very exciting to someone who actually owns Piglet’s Big Movie. Yeah, I do. What?

Anyway, sushi with the BPM wasn’t bad. I had a spicy tuna roll, a spicy salmon roll and a glass of plum wine (I like some sweet with my spicy). I looked sporty and cute. A minor miracle considering the day I had. There was even some cleavage. So I was doing my part. We had a pretty good conversation about nothing for a while. I am a champ at inane date chatter. After dinner he gave me Piggy and Tiggy and I freaked out in that adorable way that I have and we parted ways. I was home in time for Studio 60 (and thank God for that because Aaron was batting a thousand last night).
The thing is that I was right. There isn’t anything there. I can’t really complain because it wasn’t horrible and I got free food, alcohol AND presents, but I don’t want to do it again. But…I think he might. When I was driving home I really thought that he had gotten the ‘there’s no chemistry here’ hint. I mean he didn’t even try to kiss me. No moves. At all. So I thought I was safe. I got home and sent him a text thanking him for getting P&T to a good home and he started flirting. FLIRTING!!!
He’s going to call me when he gets back into town on Saturday afternoon and I’m going to have to deal with this. I hate dealing with things. I hate confrontation. What’s a nice way to say “Thanks for the presents, could you go away now?”

4 Comments:

karma lennon said...

Just be honest. Tell him you liked hanging out with him but there wasn't any chemistry. And yay for the cute presents! :)

His Sinfulness said...

karma lennon is right - direct is the best policy.
Plus, it serves him right for being a non-reading conservative...

WNG said...

Really it just serves him right for not being you, HSBP.

Thanks Karma, good advice, i'm not good at following advice, but we'll see...

His Sinfulness said...

That's sweet, honey... but I'm so far away. I'm sure there are liberals who read in your neighborhood. :)