Wednesday, June 13

I FOUND THE NUMBER!!!

One of the salesmen I work with kept telling me that if I just let the phone dry out, I would be able to turn it on and get my numbers… I hate to give credit to other people, but he was right! I got Joe’s number out of the old phone last night and sent him a text message. He called about two minutes later.
We had a great conversation, which included trying to figure out why there were two middle aged men standing in the middle of his street with lights on their heads. I know you’ve all seen the lights that spelunkers wear on their hats. If you have any ideas about why someone would wear that type of light while having a conversation in the middle of a residential street please let me know. We thought that maybe they were trying to figure out the best way to make shadow puppets on the sides of their houses, but if you have a better idea I’ll pass it along. So, G and Joe will have their first date this weekend. Updates to follow.

6 Comments:

Jim Roberts said...

Ask Joe if he's ever seen the guys with the lights on their heads riding recumbent bicycles. If so, you have your answer: They're just geeks!

Have fun on your date. Call me if it ends early. (Yeah, right!)

WNG said...

Thanks. I will. He lives down near you, so maybe we'll see you!

Jimmy said...

He lives near me?

Maybe that was me in the street with the light on my head!

karma lennon said...

Whoo-hoo! Congrats on the date! :)

WNG said...

Jimmy- Now it all becomes clear...

Karma- Thank you! The best part...more new shoes!!!

His Sinfulness said...

Good luck - on the date and the new shoes! :)