Friday, June 22

Not Scared

Last night he tells me that he’s never fallen this hard or this fast for anyone and that he can see himself falling in love with me. It’s two weeks in and any normal woman would have run screaming at that point…or at least freaked out a little bit. I was just happy. Happy in a can’t-stop-smiling, feel like I’m glowing kind of way that I’m sure is annoying as hell to others. It used to be to me.
Now, I know that just yesterday I said that I was not going to turn this in to a blog about Joe, and I won’t. This is a major change in my life and I wanted to share it with you. Maybe this is all moving way too fast and everything is too soon. It is too soon to call him my boyfriend, let alone call this a serious relationship. If so, I do not care. As Papa G says, “This ain’t no dress rehearsal!” (double negative aside, he’s right). I am going to grab onto happiness with both hands and spend the weekend camping on the beach with Joe and Cuervo. I’ll see you Monday.

4 Comments:

Mayren said...

Nice ! I hope your camping trip went very well and that you grabbed more than just happiness with both hands ?
(sorry i just went there but it was sooo easy)

WNG said...

Mayren- It went great, thanks. As for the grabbing, well, that'll have to stay my little secret...

Jocelyn said...

If it's right, then timelines don't apply. My husband (now of 8 years) and I met and married in startlingly fast fashion, and it was all for the good. No need to muck around when we were sure.

His Sinfulness said...

It's your blog, honey; you can blog about Joe all you want! Look what blogging about whatever was on my mind has done for me!


Wait - maybe that's not the best example...