Thursday, July 12

Me and My Temper Tantrum

Have you ever had a craving for, let’s say pizza, but the only food around was Chinese? So you eat the Chinese food, but no matter how much you eat, you still want the pizza? This is what it has been like living in my head. When I am really tired, or sick, I make up these comforting scenarios of what I will do when I get off of work to make myself feel better. It helps me through the day. The danger here is when you start to involve other people in those little daydreams.
Yesterday in my head I was at Joe’s house on the couch with him and Cuervo watching a movie and falling asleep. As I clawed my way through the day in my self inflicted (yet quite whiny) hell I kept picturing myself snuggled up with my boys and it made me feel better. So much better.
After work I had a meeting at the Children’s Hospital, where I volunteer and then I ended up in a conversation about maybe helping out at Planned Parenthood as well (because yeah- I have SO much free time…). By the time I turned my phone back on to call Joe it was almost 7:30 and I wanted that couch so bad I could cry. I had about six voicemails, the last of which was Joe saying that he was going out with M and K and probably wouldn’t be back until late. If he didn’t get to talk to me that day he would definitely call me on Thursday.
EXCUSE ME?!?!? I wasn’t asking for much. All I wanted was for him to read my mind and know that I wanted to be the center of his universe for a few hours that night, change his plans around to accommodate me and then comfort me in my self imposed sleep deprivation. Instead, he makes plans to go out after work with friends and have FUN! This is bullshit. This is ridiculous. I cannot believe he even had the balls to call me and tell me that.

I drove home, got into bed and watched ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ while eating Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream (and drinking a glass of wine) and fell asleep. Normally that would have been a home run of a summer night… instead it was Chinese food…


Ps. If you did not get the sarcasm in the penultimate paragraph, if you really think I am ‘that girl’ please do me a favor and do not ever read this blog again. Go away. Idiot.

8 Comments:

karma lennon said...

Aw.....I hate when that happens. Silly men with their silly lack of mind reading skills! ;) The ice cream and wine sounds yummy though...

WNG said...

It was yummy...and yet strangely unsatisfying...maybe I should try it again...

His Sinfulness said...

I've been on the receiving end of the "Why didn't you just KNOW what I was thinking?!" line of female behavior more than once, and despite being irritating sometimes, I think it's an important step in the relationship.

How he handles it will tell you more about him - and how you talk about it with him (IF you talk about it with him) reveals a bit more about you as well. It can be a great opportunity to be open about your personal quirks, and draw closer through acknowledging them.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you last night, but observe the outcome carefully and you may learn something valuable. Plus, wine and ice cream is not so bad...
:)

WNG said...

So what does it say about me that I wasn't going to say anything about it? Go ahead, analyze me!

Susan said...

I want some ice cream. I'm so tired. I just..yes...I'm babbling and can't focus on all the work that I need to do. I'm about to get dragged into yet another conference call. The last one lasted 3 hours. I don't know if I can take another 3 hour conference call. I may end it all. I'm making a noose out of paper clips at my desk. I don't know if this is a healthy way of thinking. I'm also shoving as many pieces of trident splash in my mouth as can possibly fit before the phone call so today everyone can go "what was that Susan" because no one was considerate of my ears being all clogged up yesterday. I'm pouting..oh yes and rambling on your blog.

Stupid man not reading your mind. what the heck is his problem? More training will be in order. ;)

His Sinfulness said...

Well, not saying anything might be the path with the least immediate awkwardness, but it is also not the most open or communicative path. While it is a good idea to shield him from your less rational moments, sharing them with him (after the fact, maybe in a humorous way) will allow him to have a more complete picture of you. Regardless of how irrational you feel those thoughts were, you did have them for a while - acknowledging and expressing them will prevent you from storing up any subconscious resentment.

[How's that for an undergrad psych eval? :)]

WNG said...

That will do nicely- thanks. That's pretty much what I decided to do while eating my blue icee pop for lunch, but now if it backfires I can blame it on you and continue enjoying the blue goodness...

WNG said...

Susan- I LOVE YOU!!! SOOOOO MUCH!!! Thank you for rambling on my blog, bc you crack me up and you let me ramble on your blog. Be strong sweetie. Think about the blue icee pops...

I'm too tired for training today- will have to settle for more wine and ice cream...