Thursday, July 5

Menage A 'Fraidy Dog


Cuervo is scared of fireworks. Normally this would not be blogworthy, but Cuervo is over a hundred pounds of dog. He can, and has knocked me down. His tail can leave a mark on your leg when he wags it. This is a big a** dog. He’s not just a little scared of fireworks, he is seriously terrified. Obviously, last night was not a good night for him.
Joe and I took him over to a friend’s house that was having a cookout. There was beer, food and hippies. We were having fun. Night fell. This is when the show began. It seemed like everyone on the street was setting something off. We were also close enough to the water that we could hear the ‘official’ show going on down there. Chunks of firework ash were falling on us (this has become a theme in our relationship. Some couples have a song, Joe and I have firework ash). Cuervo was running around in circles, trying to hide under people’s legs or crawl into Joe’s lap. He also had on the saddest face a chocolate lab/pit can have.
Have I mentioned before how much of a sucker I am for this dog? I spent a nice chunk of my night letting him into the house when a fresh burst started and he went running for the door and out again when he had calmed down a little. It was auditory Chinese water torture for the poor thing, almost two hours of it.
When we finally got back to Joe’s place he was still shaking and whining. Both of us were lying in the dark listening to him and it was tearing me up. I couldn’t help thinking that he’d feel better up on the bed with us, but Joe already thought I was only dating him for his dog. Then I thought, maybe Joe could go sleep on the couch… I was saved from these unfaithful imaginings by a voice in the darkness, “You know, he’d probably cut that out if he was up here with us.” He tries to be a hard a**, but he is marshmallow fluff inside when it come to that dog.
I slept with two men last night. It was great.

5 Comments:

His Sinfulness said...

Congrats! My first threesome was pretty memorable too...

;)

Mayren said...

awww - super sweet. poor baby Cuervo. It's also nice that Joe gave in first. hehehe. *hifive*

WNG said...

HSBP- I was going to make some kind of joke about men and dogs...but it never quite worked out in my head...

Mayren- It IS nice!!! Thanks for getting that!
*hifive* right back atcha'

karma lennon said...

Awww...Poor Cuervo. My pup was scared of the fireworks too but then he's a little Yorkie. ;) Sounds like you guys are having fun together. Congrats.

WNG said...

Karma- Cuervo THOUGHT he was little and that we were somehow going to be able to protect him. It was quite sweet actually.