Friday, July 27

Synchronicity


I am leaving on a jet plane early Saturday morning and I will be back again Monday night.
“But G”, you sob, “Why are you leaving us and whatever shall we do without your light to guide us through the darkness of not only the weekend, but also the dreaded Monday?!”
Yeah, sucks for you, huh? You’ll get over it. Flynn will fart a sandwich, post it on YouTube, and you’ll all forget about dear old G. Whatever.
(I’m not quite sure what this mood is today. I am crazy excited about my trip and pissed that I actually have to be at work today at the same time. The two feelings have mated to produce this new joypiss I am experiencing right now. Please bear with me.)
Wondering what is happening in Beantown? Oh so many things, grasshopper. On Saturday I will be traveling to Peabody and Plymouth to spend quality time with the Yankee G family, including the famed Cousin G and her progeny and husband. I will be eating linguica pizza and lobster hoagies. I will be teased about my accent. I will be annoyed by aunts, amused my cousins and snuggled by babies. Damn, life is good. Oh, and then on Sunday it’s back to Boston because I think I’m doing something cool that night…
Wait? What was that? Can’t remember… Oh, riiiight…

I AM GOING TO THE POLICE CONCERT AT FENWAY PARK!!!

Listen closely people; if you are not a fan keep it to your self- ok? I don’t want to have to hurt anyone.
I was just a wee lass when they broke up and I thought my dream was dead, I would never be able to see them in concert, sniffle, sniffle… And now thanks to the help of Big Sister G and Papa G I and my gold circle ticket will be rocking Fenway on Sunday night. I have no words. There are NO words…aahhh…
So I’ll see you when I get back, babies, and I will try to miss you but I honestly don’t see it happening!

Oh also- I have now listened to the Black Vatican podcast twice and I am preparing a BV Podcast Review for you upon. Be afraid, be very afraid… just kidding, you said I was hot; you have nothing to worry about…

5 Comments:

Susan said...

Jealous. :|

His Sinfulness said...

Congratulations on your Police tickets! I saw them in '82, and they put on a great show; Stewart Copeland in particular was amazing to watch. Of course that was 25 years ago - I just hope their walkers and colostomy bags don't get in the way. :)

Looking forward to your review... I think...

Mayren said...

Have fun Sweets! Make sure to jam out during "Roxanne" for me.

WNG said...

Susan- I will give you all the deets. THEN you can be jealous.

HSBP- Colostomy bags my ass! Sorry, I had to. Just make sure you've got some Amaretto Sours handy when you read it and you'll be fine...you know I love you guys!

Mayren- thta is the first song I learned all of the words to. Before Itsy Bitsy Spider. Seriously. It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

karma lennon said...

Have a great time on your trip and at the concert!