Saturday, July 14

Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

I gave Mama G the blogspot address. I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I am, however, in a cold sweat while I ponder the possibilities.
Now you all know that Mama G is pretty damn fabulous so it isn't the fact that she might be reading the things I tell her on the phone anyway, it's that I have broken the 4th wall of my life. One of the many reasons I left my beloved Chucktown and am so reluctant to return for anything more than a visit is the sense of claustrophobia that comes from living in a town full of family, people who know your family, people who work for , used to work for or used to date someone in your family. You cannot just be G. You are, at all times, everything that everyone has ever heard about you and your entire family. You are sister of, cousin of, daughter of, used to date...
Here in VA I am just G. I'm liking it. I like taking the time to define who that is for myself. I adore the fact that here I have the time to take. In blogland it's even better. I feel more and more free to say the things in my head that I would never say out loud. I can get out my idiocy and my dreams in equal measure and face no judgement. Jokes about Harry Potter's wang, but no judgement.
So why did I give Mama G access to this? Maybe it's because I have never been good at separating her from anything in my life. Maybe it's because I'm proud of what I'm doing here. Maybe it's because I really love blogging and want to share that with her. Maybe some tiny part of me misses having someone see me in the context I ran so hard from. Anything's possible.
Whatever the reason, I did it. So, Welcome Mama G!

8 Comments:

mist1 said...

Sometimes, I think about sending my mom the url. Then I remember how much I talk about my crotch. I may have even talked about her crotch. My sister better not tell.

WNG said...

Confession time Mist- before I got the nerve to give Mama G the URL I sent her copies of your blogs. She loves them! You and your crotch crack her up :-)

Flynn said...

I think you'll be okay with Mama G, it's the other small town people that will find your blog who will send you te naggie emails...

My old man has the link to my blog, and through it everyone else who may make mention of something entirely stupid that I've done... But he's cool like that. Now Mama Flynn, would have a heart attack if she read the Flocks accounts of events past..

...

...

How come no one talks about my crotch?

His Sinfulness said...

I've seen Flynn's crotch. [Shudder]

At any rate, my sister has the URL to the Ministry, and she reads it very rarely. My mother also has the url, but she is not really the internet type, so I doubt she has been there more than once or twice. Since I'm the official black sheep of the family, anything on the blog they might find objectionable won't cause me any grief - just another round of candle lighting and prayers for salvation...

WNG said...

HSBP- I really don't want to know why you have seen Flynn's crotch. Really.

Flynn- I think I'll be ok with Mama G too :-)

Why does the comments section invariably degenerate into a discussion of genitalia? Hmmm?

karma lennon said...

Wow, no one in my family even knows I have a blog. That is a scary scary scary thought....Also I saw Harry Potter!!!!! What was up with having him in tight tees the whole movie? ;)

WNG said...

Karma- I did feel slightly dirty through the whole thing because I kept noticing that too! Why don't guys ever feel slight dirty for noticing Hermione?

WNG said...

I meant slightly...obviously...