Saturday, August 4

Izzardesque Insouciance

I was tooling along in Pookie, The Wonder Jetta, listening to the first Black Vatican Podcast, like you do, when something occurred to me. I had had this conversation before. No, I have never enjoyed Amaretto sours with Flynn and HSBP, but I think most people can identify with this podcast. Let me explain; there have been many times in my life (some alcohol induced...some not) that have seen G and G's posse talking ourselves in circles about the latest project in our lives. These discussions usually included random thoughts that popped into our heads, embarrassing tales about our fellows and commentary on whatever happened to be on the TV or radio at the time we were exploring our shared brilliance. I used to think this was a phenomenon taking place only in the theatre dork community, then only in college, but I have come to understand that most of the people in the world are dorks in one way or another, especially in groups with which we share a common interest. So, if you happen to be away from your group of friends, a fan of the Black Vatican comic, or curious about just how hot Flynn and HSBP think I am you should check out the podcast.
* A completely unnecessary warning: This podcast is not for the faint of heart. Sex, drugs, alcohol, bowel movements and comics are discussed. Although, personally, I thought that the greatest parts were usually followed by "Man, we really need to edit that out before we post this", you might be an idiot and not get it at all. I'm just sayin'...

9 Comments:

Flynn said...

Tell you what hun, if you're in the area, first round in on me ;)

His Sinfulness said...

Thanks, darlin'! We appreciate you taking the time to listen. We also promise to be somewhat more coherent in the next one... :)

WNG said...

Of course I listened! (You knew Mayren and I would continue our fangirldom!)
Flynn- If I drag myself all the way to Wyoming ALL the rounds had better be on you ;)

Mayren said...

I think WNG and I were the FIRST ones to listen. It's not shameful. It's dedication. We're not just the Presidentz- we're also clients. ;)

WNG said...

Finally! A female President, I'm fine with being VP Mayren, as long as I get to fly on BV1 every once in a while.

Mayren said...

WNG- I think i'm the VP around here. So i'll borrow BV1 once in awhile - if we could just keep the boys from carting away with it full of BCPs...

WNG said...

Wouldn't it be great if HSBP was our pilot and Flynn was our in flight entertain- I mean steward? We could fly off on vacations and they could turn them into comics! Not that I saying we shoudl take over the BV or anything...

His Sinfulness said...

[mysterious foreshadowing]
Once you see the transportation we have coming up in a later storyline, BV1 will seem positively archaic by comparison...
[/mysterious foreshadowing]
:)

WNG said...

(shivers deliciously)
giggle
simper