Monday, September 10

Don't Give That Girl A Gun

This was going to be a happy post. Honestly. I had a great day on Saturday doing all kinds of nothing at all. Then I went out with Joe Saturday night and got to watch him do the lawnmower in the middle of The Taphouse (one of my favorite bars). He was wasted and CANNOT dance so it was pretty adorable. Actually, most people would probably have found it slightly embarrassing, but what can I say? I’m in love, so it was cute.
Sunday was my first all football and Bloody Mary day of the year. V and I met a couple friends to watch the games and we’re in the top slots of our office pool. There was a Bears fan, who gave V some attitude, but V stared her down and I got loud, so we weren’t worried. Add in some gorgeous bartenders and you have a stellar weekend.
Then Monday comes. Someone needs to write me a weepy country song about how weekends get killed by Mondays. Apparently today is ‘Idiot Day’ and no one told me. I have dealt with idiots by phone, email and in person. I was just interrupted in typing this by yet another idiot on the phone- this has got to stop. I am in no mood, minions.
The only thing that makes this day bearable is the fact that I got an apology for V from an idiot who yelled at her on Saturday. Frankly, I was fabulous as I explained to her why the entire mix up was her fault and then mentioned that I had heard that she spoke with V about the mix up on Saturday. She actually stammered as she apologized!!! Yea for me! Yea for V!
Still the total count so far is idiots 23 million, G 1. Pathetic. Forget about the lawyers, the first thing we need to do is kill all the dumbasses.
And how is your day going?

6 Comments:

Mayren said...

if you killed all the dumbasses then who'd be left for you to pass the Blame award to?

His Sinfulness said...

Unfortunately, my job is fueled by dumbasses and their parents. Without them, I'd have to go back to being a rock star...

...wait...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm sure they're not all in your neck of the woods. We have an overflow crowd of idiots here all the time, especially Next Door To ME.

Country song, hell. They're not nearly bloody enough for my feelings at the moment.

Well, maybe "Lookin' for Loopholes in the Law." It's not very musical but will have to do as long as it's illegal to murder your neighbor.

WNG said...

Mayren- I might have to do an Idiot of the Week...or Day...or Hour...

Pater Major- ROCK ON!!!

Hearts- It's only illegal if you get caught. I know because all three of the Sisters G are lawyers.

Susan said...

I returned to the office today after being out yesterday sick. I feel like absolute hell but that's besides the point. I open my email to see an email informing me to "watch my hours" because I hit 50 last week thus I was 10 hours over. I'm not even going to get into the fact that I was told I HAD to work Saturday...I'm going to point out again that I was absent from work yesterday..thus I've all but fixed the "overtime" issue.

Idiots...f-n idiots.

WNG said...

Once again I say "It is only illegal if you get caught!" Plus, can't you just retch all over them and get them sick too? I get those emails all the time, I just ignore them ;)