Tuesday, September 25

What Cool Breezes Do

The air is starting to bite a little at night. The temperature swings over 20 degrees in a day. The skies are clear and the sun brilliant after it burns off the early morning fog. It is early fall in Virginia and in the Life of G.
As always, when there is change, I have a plan. Because I’m trying to put less pressure on myself in the hope of actually getting something done I have not written this plan down, broken it into sub-plots, and color coded it as I would usually do. Instead, I am cruising along, enjoying the warm sun, cool air and my newfound freedom.
It’s going to be All About G for a while; my life, my goals, my happiness are going to come first. I am setting out to be selfish and I don’t see anything wrong with it. There is so much, are so many things that I want to do and I can see them now, spread before me. I know that right now I can’t do any of them. I’m not where I need to be in my life. So the only thing to do is move forward.
Last week I was miserably sick and just miserable in general. As the illness faded and a relationship ended the weather changed. I’ve been swept clean, physically and emotionally. I’m starting over yet again.
Who knows, maybe this time I’ll even clean my apartment.

Hmm…

Nah. Probably not.

11 Comments:

Susan said...

Maybe this time I'll finish my bathroom tonight...



hrrmmmm........



..........probably not. :)

You go, G. :)

WNG said...

Cleaning is for sissies!

His Sinfulness said...

Go for the gusto!
Live the high life!
Grab all you can get!
Live life like it's a beer slogan!

:)

WNG said...

I am less filling and I do taste great, so that might be a plan...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Good luck with your new agenda. Sometimes it really does need to be all about you so you can renew yourself and strengthen the foundation of your life.

Cleaning the apartment is extra.

I'm glad you're feeling better now.

WNG said...

New plan! If cleaning the apartment is extra, then I should get extra credit for doing it! Like an extra pint of Ben and Jerry's or an extra beer...

Flynn said...

Good luck with the relaxed to-do list plan, always good to take a step back. Also, w00t for colder weather!

WNG said...

w00t for Flynn commenting again! Missed you, sweetie pie :)and thanks for the luck!

Captain Smack said...

I know you're anxious to start living your dreams, but cleaning your apartment seems kind of drastic. Maybe you should just take baby steps for now.

Jay said...

Yeah, lets not get carried away here. Cleaning the apartment might SOUND like a great idea, but it's the last thing any of us want to do. On Sundays I clean off the counter in the kitchen do a quick run though the bathroom with a Mr. Clean Mop thingy and basically I'm back to watching football. I get to tell myself I got something done and I don't miss any of the game. It works perfectly.

WNG said...

Capn'- I won't go too crazy- promise. It'll mostly be me sitting on my bed, looking down on all the mess imagining it was clean...

Sundays are holy days Jay and I'm a little disappointed that you clean on them! Sundays are for late breakfasts, Meet the Press, This Week and football. THOU SHALT NOT CLEAN ON SUNDAYS!!!