Saturday, October 20

Feel The Love-iness



In case you couldn't tell, the past week has been a trifle difficult in the World of G. There have been idiots, assholes and droughts as well as despair, violent feelings and stomach cramps. At the moment the Life of G is a mite painful. There are things that help, some of them are even legal. The things that help the most are laughter and feeling like I've done something productive in my role as Wench Goddess of the Universe. How wonderful was it then, that I was able to find these two things all wrapped up in a tidy package?! Quite wonderful, thank you.
I was watching the Colbert Report online (because I am one of SC's beautiful, beautiful people) and he mentioned this site : http://www.donorschoose.org/ where teachers who need charitable donations will post their stories and you, minions, can donate directly to them. It's pretty cool. You can donate in the name of a candidate for office, hence Stephen's involvement, or you can donate in the name of a person or family.
As we all know I am basically broke. I'm excited that I had enough gas to get me down to the hospital where I volunteer three nights a week and I know that none of you are rolling in the dough, but I do wish you would check this site out. You can search by state and city and it's a great way to find out what's going on in your community. I'm going to pick one in SC and one in VA and see if I can't figure out a way to help. I'd like to think maybe one or two of you will join me.

3 Comments:

Jay said...

That's a great way to help people. You can help directly and none of your gift will go to pay for extravagant lifestyles of the top people who run most of the big charitable organizations in this country.

Susan said...

I'm going to go look. I donate to the G Scouts and the local food banks currently but this is interesting.

WNG said...

Jay- that's it exactly! Even if you can only give a couple bucks, you know it's going straight into the classroom.

Susan- maybe your G scouts could raise money for a teacher at one of their schools? There's gotta be a way to link that to badge work!