Friday, October 12

Ginterview

Susan's been giving out the questions willy nilly over at Random Moments, but they're so good you can't blame us all for lining up...

1.When asked if they'd go back and change something in their lives, a lot of people will say "no". I believe this is total bs. If you could go back and tell the younger G to change one thing, what would it be? This could be anything from not getting involved with a certain someone to "please, for the love of god, don't get your picture taken with crimped hair and 3 gallons of aquanet"..wait..maybe that's what I'd tell the younger me..
This is going to sound strange, but I would make sure I hung on to the box. When I was packing up after my freshman year of college there was on box that held all of my pictures, notes, letters and all the memorabilia that I really wanted to keep. It went into summer storage with everything else because most of it had hung on my wall and I wanted it to again. I didn’t return to school in Santa Fe and when I went to get everything from storage the box wasn’t there. I can still see some of the pictures in there. I can remember snatches of the notes. I don’t know why, but I feel the loss of that box sometimes like a physical ache. It was everything that really mattered to me from that time in my life.

2.It's time to hit the club! After a few shots you hear a song and scream "Oh my god I love this song!!!" What's the song? What song do you hear five minutes later and scream the same thing over but it's a booty shakin' song?
Ok- here’s the thing: Sad as it is G doesn’t get out to the clubs too often. In fact, it’s been over a year. Bars, yes- clubs no. This really is sad, b/c I’m a pretty good dancer. After a couple of shots I will yell out ‘I love this song’ at every song. Yes. I am that girl. The first one would probably be some old school Michael Jackson (Off the Wall or something else really early 80’s) and the booty song would probably be by OutKast … maybe 50, depending on how many shots there had been :)

3.You're suddenly teleported into a Disney movie. Which princess are you most like? Which of the princes from the movies is going to be your knight in shining armor? Which villain scares the absolute hell out of you? Oh and which trick do you fall for—ie: prick your finger on a spindle, eat a poison apple…
I think I’m most like Ariel. I’m looking for something more in my life, a radical change. I want a chance to step into the unknown, despite the dangers. I want it badly enough that I would probably fall into the same trap that she does. In fact I am very wary of helping hands because I realize my vulnerability at this moment. My Prince would probably be Aladdin. Most of the guys I’ve dated have been choices that the people around me haven’t understood- but I saw the gold in them. As for the villains- they all scare the hell out of me. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t kick some ass…

4. You just won a shopping spree! What stores do you hit first? What are you buying me? :)
Waldenbooks, Nordstrom, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Nine West, Godiva. Well, first off I’m sure I’d buy you a teddy bear, because I already promised. Then I’d probably just see random things that reminded me of you and grab them.

5. Last but certainly not least, what keeps you going? Is it coffee? Hope? An undying optimistic characteristic? The hope for world domination??
Since I’m off caffeine for a while (thanks doc) I’ll have to say that it’s a combination of things:
A fear of having (more) regrets
A burning desire for happiness
Anger at many things and a desire to fix them
Love of my family and friends
Hope for love and a family of my own

6 Comments:

Susan said...

I love your answers. I'm also the "omg I love this song!!" girl...After enough shots it's pretty much every song that comes on.

Also, my booty shakin' song is "golddigger"...I can't explain why.

WNG said...

That's one of my driving songs, where I sing along at the top of my lungs and dance in the seat and pray that no one else on the road can hear me :)

Jay said...

Great answers.

I grew up listening to oooooooold time country and then in high school was a metal head. I actually still love a lot of 80s hair bands. haha

I'v moved lots and lots of times and have thrown out a lot of stuff that I really wish I had kept so I know how you feel about that box.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I feel your pain over that box. I have my own box that was lost or stolen in storage. It contained a Lakota headdress with feathers all the way down the back to the floor. It was at least 200 years old with exquisite beadwork on it.

I do have a photo of myself wearing it while riding my daughter's pony in our backyard, topless.

Despite that display of poor taste, I did hold the piece in great reverence, and I still miss it sorely.

I loved your answers to these searching questions.

WNG said...

Jay- While I'm not a huge country fan I do LOVE Chris Ledoux. LLOOVVEE him! Thanks for teh box sympathy :)

Hearts- Sometimes I think it would be great to be able to watch your life like they did in the movie "Defending Your Life"- something tells me you'd have some great clips!

Susan said...

Where are you hiding today?