Saturday, October 27

Missionary Positions Available

For those of you who don't know I am a fairly devout ( read: scarily obsessed) follower of the Black Vatican. I love the comic and I REALLY love the trinities but perhaps my favorite parts of the site are the podcasts. The latest one has been up for a couple of days and I apologize for the fact that it has taken me so long to get this review posted. Anyway minions, here it is:

Clinically Caucasian - Episode 3 on the BV Podcasting Network

Flynn and The Pater Major made a radical decision with this podcast which I respect if I don't completely applaud - they are completely sober. Gone are the amaretto sours and wandering dirty jokes of past podcasts. Sigh. And yes, it was still funny - but not drunkenly funny, so I felt more guilty for being wasted at 8 am on a Saturday than I really needed to. Still, this was the tightest one yet - they even had an agenda. It was packed with info on the site, Flynn's injuries (the boy needs a bubble), his special powers and the latest BV project, The BV Missionaries. What exactly is a BV Missionary, you ask? Well minions, I am and you can be too! All you have to do is embrace the teachings and laughter of the Black Vatican and then spread the word. How do you do that? Go to the website, idiot.
No, seriously, check out the website. We're still in the early days of the BV so there isn't a huge backlog of comics to slog through and they are divided into chapters to make it easier on you initiates. Check out the forums and the podcasts and then buy me some schwag! (I really want the beer stein or the Nerdy Girl long sleeve t shirt...up to you)
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
If you post the banner on your site and help spread the word YOU could be recognized as a BV Missionary (special undergarments and bicycle not included). So send the link to the people in your office, post it on your blog, spread it around the forums on walrus pron you frequent and watch your status within the BVatican grow!

This has been a paid advertisement for the BlackVatican.com. Claims made do not necessarily reflect the thinking of A Whole New G or its subsidiaries. All right reserved. Will you just check out the damn website already?!?!

9 Comments:

Flynn said...

Hehe, it's true, I'm brokedick... (military tearm :P)

We have a 4th podcast up now too! And we're going to record another today (read: I'm going to force the Pope to talk on tape).

Problem is that we're out of important, Earth Shattering news, so I'm going to open it up to you and Mayren. What do you want us to talk about?

WNG said...

1. How wonderful Mayren and I are.
2. Things you would never write about in the comic - and why.
3. How much you wish Mayren and I would move to WY so you could hang out with us.
4. What would you go back and tell yourselves when you were creating the first comic.
5. How jealous you are that you can't be Mayren...or me.
6. New titles for the BV hierarchy.
7. How grateful you are to have Mayren and I in your lives :)

If that's not enough...think of the things you want to know about other people and turn the questions around, you'll do fine.

Mayren said...

I second that?!

Susan said...

Did they pay you for this endorsement? I can seriously only respect endorsements paid for..

His Sinfulness said...

Thanks for the amazing hawking of the Black Vatican! We have actually already recorded our responses to your 7 topics, and you'll be happy to hear that we were drunk as hell by the end... :)

WNG said...

Yea!!! I love having power over drunk people. Very cool.
I second YOU Mayren, I would never try to usurp the original FanGirl.
Yes, Susan, I was paid...just not in money (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)!
Sorry about yesterday guys - my doctor was feeling neglected - but I'm back so you can write all about how much you missed me!

Susan said...

OH HOW I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUU

now post something

WNG said...

That was a pretty great blog title...I'm just saying....

Flynn said...

Check out the podcast, we answer your questions... and some you probably didn't want to know...