Tuesday, October 2

No one has ever loved me as well as I've loved myself...

- Mae West

I'm a big slacker who doesn't check all of her email accounts, but I did today and look what I got! And interview from Eslocura! (I only do these because I know you minions thirst for more G and I am here to fill the void in your lives with my magnificence)

1)Speaking of cracks, Mae West once said " It ain't no sin if you crack a few laws now and then, just so long as you don't break any.", generally speaking what have you cracked but not broken?
I am a depressingly ‘good girl’ and Mae would be ashamed of me. I have almost no willpower what so ever so you’d think I’d have some great stories, but no. You know what? I’m going to go out tonight and break some rules, Mae West style. I hope I can count on you all for bail money…

2) Given the ability to orchestrate a completely magical moment, describe your "magical moment".
It would have to be in Venice in the early fall at sunrise. I am standing on a hotel balcony looking out over the city as that magical light begins to filter through the sky. I am at peace with myself and the world and in awe of the beauty that man can create. And there is spectacular coffee available.

3) Most of us try to not judge a book by its cover, but alas we all do it sometimes. When people first meet you what does your cover say to them?
I’ve gotten all kinds of things. People who hear my voice over the phone usually assume I’m either some kind of hippie chick or an uber- professional, both of which completely stymie me. I’ve been told that I look a lot younger than I am which used to annoy me but becomes more comforting every year. Other than that this question is hard to answer because I honestly don’t know how people see me. I usually don’t care (unless a gorgeous man is in the room).

4) If ship wrecked on that proverbial deserted island, what 5 things would you hope you were smart enough to bring along?
A lighter
A Swiss Army knife
A bag full of books
A pen
A BOAT

5) What makes you a great friend?
I’m not a person who makes close friends easily, so once you’re in, you’re in for life. Whatever you need I will try to find, whenever you call I’ll be there. My arms are always open and jokes are free. If you’re being an asshole, I’ll tell you that too. I will never let you go out in public looking like an idiot. Unless it’s on purpose.

3 Comments:

Captain Smack said...

When I read this: "I will never let you go out in public looking like an idiot." I thought we probably wouldn't make very good friends... And then I saw "Unless it’s on purpose." and thought Oh, well, ok then. That's better.

As for your Mae West night tonight - you better have a good story for us after it's over. If you have a hard time getting in the groove, remember: bars sell tequila for a reason.

Susan said...

Have one for me too!!

WNG said...

O Captain, My Captain- I plead the 5th... well, maybe I'll post something later...

Susan- It's always for someone else! (Eases the guilt :)