Monday, November 19

G's Lament

I refuse to be sick. I. WILL. NOT. HAVE. A. COLD.
Bring on the Zicam and Cold-Eeze, the scalding hot water with lemon and honey, the tissues.
Friday night is my 10 year High School reunion and if I’m going to spend an entire evening being judged I refuse to have a stuffy nose or a scratchy throat. This is my line in the sand and I will defend it with hot soup, Vitamin C and Zinc. I will squash this virus like a bug – and then I will blame that horrible pun on it.

8 Comments:

Flynn said...

Theraflu. It cures everything. I think that if you put the powder into an open flesh wound it might take care of it...

Hope you feel better soon hun.
[hug]

WNG said...

My body reacts really oddly to drugs, so I try to stay away from them - but thanks sweetie :)

Jay said...

And Brandy! Don't forget the brandy. Helps you sweat it out.

His Sinfulness said...

I'm a huge fan of DayQuil.

Also - being so drunk you can't find your butt with both hands makes reunions much more palatable.

The CEO said...

I agree on drinking your way through your reunion!

NoRegrets said...

Lots of liquids and rest. Lots of liquids - even if you are spending half the day peeing.

WNG said...

Jay - The brandy did actually help, Jay. Great drunkards think alike, huh?

Pater- My best friend fron HS and I are sneaking flasks into the reunion. I'm all set.

CEO - You guys are bad influences, you know that? Not that I needed one...

NoR - I was in bed by 8 last night. I was watching TV - but I was horizontal AND drinking hot tea!

Blonde Ambition said...

Ok, so what are you going to wear?