Thursday, November 29

I wanna know everything about you

First things first: My GB Packers are playing the Dallas Crapboys tonight. Dallas is favored by 6.5 points in the spread and THAT pisses me off. The game is only being shown on satellite TV so we have to go out and watch it (with icky Dallas fans) and THAT pisses me off. We are completely underrated by the sports media and THAT pisses me off. Most of all though I’m just really nervous about the game. I cannot stand the Crapboys and their ‘America’s Team’ bullshit and their obnoxious fans. If any of my minions would like to send some good vibes my way I’d appreciate it.
Now on to our post. Hearts posted this questionnaire and it freaked me out a little so I decided to grab on to the scary and see where it takes me. Here we go…

1.What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I don’t have one which is probably an impediment on the road to happy. I’m also suspicious of anything involving perfection.

2.What is your greatest fear?
Abandonment.

3.Which living person do you most admire?
Mama G. She drives me crazy sometimes, but the woman is a wonder. I will never really know her; I will always know her best. She is my beginning and what I aspire to.

4.What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I have a tendency towards self deception which leads to settling for less than I could attain.

5.What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Apathy.

6.What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Politeness, especially at the cost of honesty.

7.On what occasion do you lie?
When I’m scared.

8.What do you dislike most about your appearance?
One word: THIGHS!

9.What is your greatest regret?
Giving up too many times and on too many things.

10.What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Mama G. Papa G. it’s a tie

11.Which talent would you most like to have?
I think I’m good, thanks.

12. What is your current state of mind?
Have you seen The Scream? Yeah, that.

13. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would take better care of myself.

14. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting out. Staying out. Being OK.

15. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
It depends on Fate’s sense of humor. I’d like to be a wild horse or a wolf…I’d probably be a whale.

16. What is your most treasured possession?
Bear. The teddy bear my Mimi bought for be before I was born.

17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being voiceless.

18. Where would you like to live?
Seattle, WA or Edinburgh, Scotland

19. What is your most marked characteristic.
I’m…um…not exactly quiet.

20. Who are your favorite writers?
Aaron Sorkin, Shakespeare, Sam Shepard, Jodi Picoult, Ayn Rand, W.E.B. DuBois, Toni Morrison, Nora Roberts. Yes, Nora Roberts. I like romance novels. Sue me. Also – whoever I am reading at the time; I have a habit of falling in love with whatever I am reading.

21. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Janie from Their Eyes Were Watching God.

22. Who are your heroes in real life?
My Uncle Brother (James Campbell) has lived an amazing life and has an amazing heart. Mama G… because she is.

23. What is it that you most dislike?
The ignorance and apathy that has our world in a chokehold.

24. What is your motto?
Get up, get out and do something.

25. Favorite journey?
I’m on it now.

26. What do you value most in your friends?
An open and inquisitive mind, a kind heart….cooking skills.

27. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Oh good lord!
Not so much.
I’m just sayin’

28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I honestly can’t think of one.

29. What is your greatest extravagance?
Going out to eat. (Books are not an extravagance, they are a necessity.)

30. If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
Mimi and Grumpy would be alive and healthy. We would try to understand each other a bit more.

31. What is your favorite occupation?
Bookseller.

32. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
A loving intelligence.

33. What is the quality you most like in a man.
Ditto. Plus great shoulders.

34. How would you like to die.
Well, I’d rather not, but if I have to I’d like to die content.

35. If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
I’d like a do over with at least some of the knowledge I have now. I don’t think I could fix anything but I would like to see how the journey would change. Think of it as life as a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

6 Comments:

Mayren said...

I 2nd your opinion on the Dallas Cowboys! I'm from Texas and i have never liked them. They suck bad. I met a bunch of them back in the day and they are not all nice people.

Jay said...

And another thing ... Why is it that the Cowboys ALWAYS get these big games in Dallas? They never seem to have to play big games on the road.

If you want, you can watch the game online right here:
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I think it has to be on a Windows PC and using I.E. only though. But, it's better than nothing. That's how I'm gonna watch the game.

(They show the game in their lineup, but sometimes games show up on their lineup but don't work. I'm hoping that this one really will work)

I'll move to Seattle or Edinburgh with you if you need a roommate! ;-)

WNG said...

If I didn't hate having roommate's you'd be more than welcome Jay! How about we get places right next door and then trade off who hosts game days?
I'll be at a bar tonight with V and the Big Pharmaceutical Minion, who is, of course a Crapboys fan.

Thanks for backing me up Mayren! Their suckage is undeniable. People around the office who aren't Packers fans still want us to kick some ass just b/c it the Crapboys.

Susan said...

I'm going to do this tonight. It's interesting.

WNG said...

Go for it Susan! I'll look for it tomorrow - it's harder than it looks.

His Sinfulness said...

My answers over on my blog now...