Thursday, November 1

Not Falling Apart

“You are in charge of your own attitude – whatever others do or circumstances you face. The only person you can control is yourself.” Marian Wright Edelman

I’m not big on blaming others for my bad days. I will blame you for being a jackass, but I accept the responsibility for how I react to your jackassery. That being said, I do not always react well. I don’t always want to react well. I don’t think it’s that important for me to be a paragon of maturity all the time (or ever, for that matter). I believe that as long as I am not imposing my moods onto anyone else I should be left alone to have whatever kind of snit I want.
Honestly things are going about as well as can be expected right now. The meds are starting to work on the ulcers so I’m in less pain; nice things were said about me on the CEO’s blog and on the latest BVPodcast. I had a great bookstore brainstorm yesterday and have worked out some new ideas for it and I am moving forward with my plans.
I’m not complaining. I am not whining. I haven’t asked anyone for anything. Today seems to be one of those days, however, when all anyone seems to care about is ‘how are you’. I have already explained why I think that is the most pointless question ever and why it annoys the ever living hell out of me.
The irony is that I was actually in a pretty great mood before the poking, prodding and fake ass concerned smiles. I was reading my morning blogs and you guys were cracking me up. I was emailing everyone the new Black Vatican banners (get them here and put them all over everything!!!) and trying not to laugh too loud. What I was not doing was hanging out in the hallway with Evil Dead Bitch From Hell and Moronic Manager chatting with every idiot who walked by. Apparently that was where I made my big mistake. News is already making the rounds that G ‘isn’t doing well today.’
I’m telling you, minions, it’s enough to make a Wench Goddess like myself violent. And then they crack jokes about how I ended up with ulcers. Maybe from choking back the bile that rises each time I have to speak to you instead of punching you in the face? Just an idea…

I bet you saw that quote and thought this would be an enlightened post…

9 Comments:

EsLocura said...

I would be more than happy to come over and help you kick some ass today, yes, that's the mood I'm today.

WNG said...

Hell yeah! Come on over! VA isn't that far from PR...especially not when you're powered by rage.

Flynn said...

Glad you're feeling better hun! Stomach stuff sucks (I often choke... on everything I try to eat... then get an upset tummy for it).

Also happy you enjoyed the newest podcast, those questions really helped us get rolling! Thanks :)

WNG said...

I'm thinking of doing a BV Podcast retrospective...or maybe all the Pepto is finally going to my head...

His Sinfulness said...

I suggest you watch "office Space" again for coping ideas. I find that threatening to put strychnine in the guacamole helps to get me through the day in my cubicle farm... :)

WNG said...

I have taken to muttering about blowing up the building...but so few people get the reference that it depresses me.

The CEO said...

I give other people ulcers, I don't get them. But I have attitude, and I look like a hit man from the mob. I lucked out.

The CEO said...

I give other people ulcers, I don't get them. But I have attitude, and I look like a hit man from the mob. I lucked out.

WNG said...

I want to give people ulcers!!! Do you give lessons?