Friday, November 2

The Wind Blows Down My Mind

I had a dream last night that I was locked in mortal combat with an old roommate. Not the movie or video game – we were actively trying to kill each other. I wasn’t trying to kill her so much as she was trying to tear my face of with her teeth and I was trying to stop her. It ain’t much, but it’s MY face, you know?
I think it was the wind. While that is the dream that I remember I know there were others just as disturbing and violent. I woke with the feeling of them lingering in the recesses of my brain. The winds from Hurricane Noel began to reach us last night. They stirred the leaves in the courtyard and set the power lines to thumping. They whistled, whined and moaned. They invaded my dreams somehow.
Somehow a MySpace comment from L saying she missed me and asking when I was coming to SC for a visit next turned into fight for my life. I don’t know what the other dreams were about and I don’t think I want to know. Whatever demons surfaced last night I will elect to believe were borne on the winds and not stirred by them from the recesses of my mind.
I will not be working this weekend! Very exciting. Don’t know if I’ll sleep in though…

10 Comments:

The CEO said...

I think those kind of dreams are more normal than you think. Go read Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams" . Dreams are a way for us to deal with stresses in our life. It's not like you don't have any stress in your life.

WNG said...

Me? Stress? What stress? Ok - I'm going to admit something to you, but you can't tell anyone... dream interpretation freaks me out a little and Freud freaks me out a little, so the two of those together are probably a non starter. I tend to overanalyze every aspect of my life as it is... There's a lot of things going on right now that come from my 'old life' and it's possible that I'm feeling a little threatened by that. Look ma, no Freud!

Susan said...

I have CPR classes this weekend thus I won't be sleeping in.

I had dreams last night too. I woke up about to go and kill someone. It was a rough morning. Now I'm drowning the memory of those dreams with coffee.

Try to relax this weekend, G.

ps: some of my most stressful moments in the past year have come from god forsaken myspace. and yet, I'm still on there..

WNG said...

Ahh coffee...sweet nectar of the gods...
I don't care what they say - I can taste the difference between coffee and decaf. Sighhhh...
I'll try to relax if you try to have fun this weekend, Susan. I think we could both use it :)

NoRegrets said...

I myself like dream interpretation. You just don't take it too literally, and it can teach you a thing or two, if you want it to...

WNG said...

I just feel like it's something I don't want to research. I do spend time thinking about the feelings that the dreams leave me with, but some things I just don't want to analyze.

Jay said...

When I was growing up, and even all the way through college I had pretty violent dreams. Lots of fighting to the death, lots of protecting people and defending myself and others. I've never gotten into the dream interpretation thing though. Didn't want to be told I was a psycho or something. LOL

WNG said...

Jay I've been told I was psycho so many times it rolls off my back now:) Here's a question though: How do they know what my dreams mean? How can you research something like that???

His Sinfulness said...

Like most of Freud's ideas, it is all theory. And for my money, the guy had some unhealthy fixations...

WNG said...

That's what I'm saying! Now if you wanted to write a Pontifex Niger Book of Dreams that might be another story...