Tuesday, December 18

Pooh Bear

V is leaving me.
Fine, if you want to get technical about it she’s leaving work to go back to school to become a teacher and save the damn world. Whatever.
Who’s going to listen to my craziness? Who’s going to make me crack up? Who’s going to tell me when I’m being stupid, or which shirt to wear, or what new movie is out? Who will I go to dinner with and talk about men with? Who can I bitch about work with?
Do you see what I’m saying, minions? This is about ME and I don’t think she’s really thought this through.
Yes, the school system is practically crawling on its knees begging for math teachers but do I really have to sacrifice my best friend just so some kid can learn algebra? Does anyone even use algebra any more?
This will be my last week getting to work with V. We’ve made plans to hit up Chucktown in March and I’m sure we’ll be visiting each other, but this is the last week we will see each other every day. It bites.
I am so proud of her for figuring out where she wants to go and for putting herself out there. She has grown so much in the two years we’ve known each other and I am proud to say that she is my friend. V’s a great friend. She listens, she’s supportive but she will also kick your ass when you need it and she keeps secrets. Well, not usually from me, but she can do it.
I am going to miss her no matter how much we keep in touch. I am going to miss her daily presence in my life. She brightened it every day.
So now instead of being my best friend in VA she’ll be my best friend in NC. Soon she’ll be the best teacher in NC and hundreds of children will learn something I already know: V is a person you are lucky to know.
I love you sweetie poo poo face. Good luck.

Damn it.

15 Comments:

EsLocura said...

I just hate it when my friends try and better their lives and the planet without thinking about how it affects me, damn them ... good luck V

WNG said...

I KNOW! It's crazy. She wants to go off and grow and change and 'shape america's youth'. Fine. But what about ME??? Glad you get it Es.
OK- seriously, all the whining is just my way of showing the love and she knows that.

Jay said...

hahaha ... I've had this happen to me too. It really sucks. Especially when a friend goes and does something that totally makes me look bad. They go and do something good for all of society while I'm still spending all my free time on internet chat boards and forums. So unfair. LOL ;-)

WNG said...

Jay - are you implying that me thinking I am more important than V's hopes, dreams and aspirations somehow makes ME look bad? I assure you - it does not, I'm still damn adorable!
The trick is to stay snarky so I don't get all girlie and mushy and weepy.

Mayren said...

awww Sweet WNG, Darn V to heck and back. *huggles*

WNG said...

Seriously. Huff. Sigh...
Gonna have to change my name to A Lonely New G :(

Yes, I am milking this for all it is worth :)

His Sinfulness said...

I understand where you are coming from. I am always asking Nerdy to think about how her silly insistence on living in another state is affecting ME. Some people are so inconsiderate, with their life goals and stuff...

I'm sure I speak for all of your readers when I say that V should reconsider, or at least offer to take you with her.

WNG said...

I could be a fabulous valet. And what public school teacher doesn't need a valet?

NoRegrets said...

Sorry. I felt that way when my two best friends moved away.

WNG said...

They call themselves your 'friends' and then they leave you. Not cool, NoR, not cool...

Susan said...

My comment disappeared. Or did I ever post it...I swear I haven't been drinking...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Well, Sweetie, that's what you get for having wonderful friends. Yes, it IS about you. If you were a lesser being, your friend would never dream of saving the world, one child at a time.

I have no doubt that your support means a lot to V and your continuing friendship will make up in depth what it lacks in dailiness.

WNG said...

It was your B-Day Susan, you can do whatever you want!

Hearts- I'm trying to be mature about it, but inside is a five year old having a tantrum. I don't do well with people leaving unless it's me. Yes, I have abandonment issues. I know we'll stay friends and I'm not really worried about it...most of the time.
I'm still going to try for that valet job.

V said...

You went and made me cry. I am so glad that I met you. You forgot to tell everyone that we are going it up right for New Years in Chucktown as well!!! YAY! I love you too.

WNG said...

Oh yes - drunken holiday revelry in awesome clothes! Who could ask for anything more!
Crying's good for you :)