Tuesday, December 4

Things That Make You Go Hmmm

I Am Not Star Jones over at the Unemployment Café has tagged me with this MeMe. I’d call her a poopyhead, but I’m way too mature for that. Damn it. Here we go!
Seven random or weird things about me:
*Let me preface this by saying that I, as Wench Goddess of the World of G, am neither random, nor weird. You, my minions, are just out of step and fail to see the big picture.

1. Half of my relatives aren’t related to me. My half sister’s family adopted my mom and me years ago and stuck with us through my parents’ divorce – as a result I have a Not-Brother, Not-Cousins, Not-Aunts and Not-Uncles. They are some amazing people and I love them fiercely. Yeah, I get Christmas presents for Papa G’s first ex wife. What?

2. I have lived in each time zone in the US.

3. There are certain holiday commercials which spike my blood pressure and make my stomach roll. I have thrown things. It is that bad. Offender #1 – Zales (jewelry store) super cheese fest where they change the Christmas Story. I will turn off the TV. (I don’t have a remote, so that’s saying something)

4. I don’t have a remote control for my TV or cable. It’s been two years. It hurt at first, but after the shakes passed I was ok. I mean, I still have to hit up the methadone clinic once a week, but I think I’m doing better…

5. I never wear jewelry but I love it. Good jewelry. I would wear sapphires and diamonds every day if I could. I can’t, which is sad on a global level, but I love them anyway. Oh and pink sapphires too. And emeralds…rubies…onyx, opal, amber, you get the idea Pretty colors…sigh…

6. I can eat the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner over and over without tiring of it. My record was 9 days (although I didn’t always eat breakfast). It was Velveeta shells and cheese with broccoli, spinach and linguicia mixed in. Yummy.

7. There has only been one time in my life I have dated someone I though was good enough to be part of my family. He was not, ironically, the person I ended up engaged to.

There you go – my strange 7. If you read this post you have been tagged (mwaahahaha… evil laugh!) Let me know when you’re posting so I can taunt you a second time!

16 Comments:

His Sinfulness said...

Not sooo strange. You seem like a nice, normal, Flock member.
:)
(I am fully aware that "nice, normal Flockmember" could be viewed as an oxymoron...)

WNG said...

Yeah. This from the man who wrote 1001 NEW uses for Apple Butter!

Jay said...

No remote control???

Back when I was in college I didn't have remote for my cable box. Okay, actually I threw my remote against the wall one night when drunk. It's a long, sad and rather pathetic story.

Anyway, I used a broom handle to change the channels for a long time. It worked just fine. LOL

WNG said...

Jay - I get up and change channels and volume. I get up to turn it on and off. It's how I roll.

Susan said...

Well, I did your 7 things then did 10 truths too on the ol' blog.

fyi: #6 on 10 truths is directed to you.

WNG said...

Uh oh...

Susan said...

Mw..mwha..mwhahahahaahah

WNG said...

Thank you, Susan. It means a lot to have someone believe. It means so much.

Susan said...

:)

meno said...

I didn't read it, so i am NOT tagged.

I love jewelery too. What little i have, i wear, in the shower, playing squash, sleeping...

WNG said...

I'm a jewelry snob, meno, and that takes pretty much everything i want out of the range of what I can afford. Visiting Mama G is always fun b/c she lets me wear her things while I'm home :)
I didn't read your comment...I was just guessing :)

Mayren said...

i got ambushed with the Tag.
but being under the WNG sway of power is not terrible - so I have posted the meme too

WNG said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I am soooo tricky (he he he he)

guerreiranigeriana said...

yeah...uh...i took these pills...and uh..they make me immune to tags for uh, i think, like, three months...yeah, three months sounds good...

...dunno how you manage without a remote...i don't really do a lot around tv...so no prob...almost lost it when i lost my remote for my stereo...so limiting without it...

...ha...i love jewelry too...but the one piece i never really seem to wear are necklaces...i absolutely love them though and always notice them...i buys lots too...and they just sit...can't seem to figure out when to wear them...

...my mom can eat foo-foo, morn, noon and night, 24/7/365!...incredible...i need variety...

WNG said...

guerreira -
immune? not so much...good try though
If you hardly ever turn the TV on it's a lot less trouble :)
you can send me the necklaces, i'll give 'em a good home!
I go on runs of food cravings for weeks. Right now it's the three cheese risotto at a restaurant I REALLY can't afford!

I am not Star Jones said...

I am in 100% agreement with you on these commercials
but I usually start yelling like a maniac at the TV.

3. There are certain holiday commercials which spike my blood pressure and make my stomach roll. I have thrown things. It is that bad. Offender #1 – Zales (jewelry store) super cheese fest where they change the Christmas Story. I will turn off the TV. (I don’t have a remote, so that’s saying something)