Friday, December 21

This Christmas (the song-not the movie)

OK minions, here’s the plan:
After work I’m going straight home to pack up my car and get some sleep. My alarm will go off at 3 am and some time before 4 I will be on the road to Chucktown. Mama G will still be sleeping peacefully, visions of cooking for her baby girl dancing in her head.
Saturday is all about catching up with Mama G, eating great food and getting my laundry done (hopefully not having to do it myself).
Sunday we’ll be driving to Charlotte, NC where one of the Amazing Cousins of G is living. She has to work Festivus Eve and on the day after Festivus, so we’re bringing the holiday to her. I want to dress up as elves, but Mama G’s too classy for that…pout.
We’ll be back in Chucktown on Santa Day afternoon to continue the revelry. I’ve got all my relatives to go see (that’s about half the population of Chucktown) and my college buds and their new spouses/children (why they feel the need to make me feel both old and immature I will never know) before New Year’s Eve.

This NYE will be all about Papa G and V. Yes, V loves me soooo much (felt soooo guilty) that she’s hitting up the Chucktown for a NYE Smackdown! YEA! We’ll be having a super swanky dinner and then going to party after party after party.
Jan 1, 2008 I’ll be back on the road to Hampton Roads and everyone in VA can come out of mourning. All in all I expect an action packed holiday vacation which will leave me in need of a vacation! I’ll try to blog between the drunkenness, revelry and general mayhem, but if I were you I wouldn’t expect too much from me.

11 Comments:

Jay said...

Have a great time on your trip and Merry Christmas!!

WNG said...

Thanks Jay! You too!

Susan said...

Your plans sound so much more tempting than mine. I'm hoping to make it out without too many battle wounds...

Have a wonnnderful holiday, my dear.

WNG said...

You can always come with me, Susan. Mama G has enough food and tequila for all!

Susan said...

I like the addition of the vodka quote. I need tequila right now. Is it bad when my mom is like "maybe you should have a beer" when I was out to lunch??

WNG said...

Thanks for helping me decorate! It is bad, but it's the job's fault, not yours. What would be bad is if your BOSS said that.

Susan said...

If he talked to me today he'd tell me to go next door and drink one. This much I know..

WNG said...

I say go! It's almost 5 anyway. Life is short - work is long.

meno said...

These last two post remind me that i got in trouble once at work for calling people "faceless minions." I thought it was funny, i still do.

Have a great trip and holiday.

NoRegrets said...

Safe travels!

WNG said...

Meno- It IS funny!
NoR- I'm here! Yea!!!