Monday, December 10

When I Squeeze You, You Make Noise


It seems strange to me to follow a story about how a young man’s death has renewed my commitment to my community with a plea for help in finding a silly present for Mama G. I may need to split the blog up. I don’t know…
N-E-WAY
When Mama G first bought her house I talked her into having a rubber ducky theme in the downstairs guest bathroom. Uh huh, that’s right, Rubber Ducky. The shower curtain, the toilet seat, the soap dishes, Kleenex box, hand towels….well, you get the idea. It’s a silly place and that was the plan. There should be a place in your house that makes you giggle; one place where it is impossible to feel bad. I’ll take pics and post them when I go home for Christmas so you’ll get to feel jealous of my awesome decorating skillz. It’s how I spread the joy of the season.
That Christmas I got her a small set of rubber duckies. There was a firefighter, policeduck, and doctor duck. They were cute. She put them on a shelf in the bathroom. The next year was a ducky back massager that was water proof. Last year a pair of overstuffed, but super comfy ducky slippers. Do you see the pattern here?
This year I’ve got nothin’.
So… if any of you lovely minions can help me in my quest to make Mama G smile and laugh on Christmas morning please let me know. If Flynn would like to make me a ducky with his hair that would be cute too (Pater could be your Bert).


Also – It is entirely possible that I have lost my mind and fallen for someone who could actually fit in with my family, friends and life. Of course I should find out that he isn’t interested any day now. I'm a puzzle.

16 Comments:

Susan said...

http://www.pricehot.com/momductshir.html

It's a Momma Duck Shirt!

Ok, that made me a bit too happy. I've got to get a life.

Jay said...

I'm sure you could find a duck hat and yellow raincoat combination somewhere on the internet. That would be pretty cute. Umm .. well, I don't know about for an adult though. ;-)

WNG said...

Is it possible to be too happy? I think not. Thanks Susan, you always come through.

WNG said...

She's pretty short Jay, she might be able to pull it off...

Mayren said...

I think a bath set with new labels put on them of duckies could be cute. Like Bath salts, mini shampoo & conditionar, ducky soaps, bubble bath and mini bath poof. You could get clean unlabeled bottles from Michaels then make little cute labels using pics and your favorite picture editing program (i like GIMP because it's free and sometimes stronger than photoshop - while being easy to use)
Then Mama G could have her own custom products that guests could use in the shower/bath and she could refill them with whatever products she likes!
I'd wrap it all up in a cute little basket with a bow.

WNG said...

Mayren - sounds great. You do that and I'll give you the address to send it to.
Actually, I might have done something like that if I had the time or had thought of it earlier - I'll keep it on the list for next year, but I'm going for sillier than that and I have NO TIME.

Susan said...

Why not go over the top?

http://www.fantasycostume.net/costumesanimal.htm#duck

His Sinfulness said...

It's not really bath related, but who doesn't want a ducky USB drive?

WNG said...

Ok Susan...come back to the pack, sweetie.

I'll check it out Pater, but she can barely work her laptop at this point so...

PS My minions rock and make me giggle.

EsLocura said...

I'll be on a quest for a Puerto Rican ducky ... I'll get back to ya.

WNG said...

Oh yea! That would be soooo great!!! Thank you!

Maybe I could tell her we have to go to PR to get it...

Susan said...

You have no idea how funny that comment was, G. Wait, yes you do. You have my address.

NoRegrets said...

I think you need to find the Rubber Ducky song and put it on an infinite loop in the bathroom. You know, the Sesame Street song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWqCReOXjZM

NoRegrets said...

Damn. Now I can't the song out of my head.

WNG said...

I don't want her to kill me NoR :)
It's stuck in my head too.

Didn't think of that until you said it Susan. Chuckle. Guess who's bear goes in the mail this week? That's right! Yours!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Sorry - can't find anything really over-the-top, but these are a few rubber duckies she may not already have.

http://www.epromos.com/browse/Ne1-N11642.html

I assume there is already a ducky-shaped bath rug in place?

Maybe a ducky mouse pad.

Or how about a real, live baby duckling? Hey, I'm trying here.

It's a really cute idea for a bathroom. Would love to see pics when you return.