Wednesday, January 16

you give me something that makes me scared alright

Dear BPM,
I have absolutely no idea what you’re doing with me. That is not a cue for you to compliment me. It is a statement of fact. What is it that made you wait so long for me to realize you were waiting for me?
This is new to me. I love that we’re taking things slowly, letting them happen, not pushing or jumping in. OK, sometimes it drives me a little crazy, but mostly I love it.
I have a tendency to move too fast and to ignore the signs all around me telling me to slow down because I’m about to get hurt.
I’m a little at sea here, honestly. I’m not quite sure what to do. I have this feeling though, that I don’t need to do anything. That I can trust you. How did that happen?
So, here’s what I do know: I’m happy. I like where this is going even though I have no idea where that is. I’m scared. I wish I knew…more. I wish I could read you better. Sometimes I wish it was three months from now and sometimes I revel in the happy/scary/excited/giggly/nervous/shivery thing that happens right before I see you or when I hear your voice. Obviously I have no idea what I’m doing. Sorry, but you’re gonna have to be in charge.
Just keep doing what you’re doing…with more hugs.
I think we’ll be fine.

Love,
G

6 Comments:

Susan said...

Is it normal that this post made me all "awwww" and sniffly???

Jay said...

Yeah, more hugs. More hugs always works.

His Sinfulness said...

Frackin' adorable, this post is...

:)

WNG said...

Susan - it is if you have the same cold I do.

Jay - There is no such thing as too many hugs. NO. SUCH. THING.

Pater - Now I'll have to do something to reclaim my bad assiness. Hmm...

Blonde Ambition said...

You are so freakin funny. I didn't imagine you guys would be in this place 6 months ago. I still vote for the "lets talk about us" talk. miss you!

WNG said...

THIS. IS. ALL. YOUR. FAULT.