Monday, February 18

and i spilled my coffee on my lap

This is all I Am Not Star Jones’ fault. I keep saying I’m not going to do these anymore and then someone sucks me back in…

1.Post these rules before presenting your list.

2. List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18.
3. There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.
4. At the end of your blog, choose 6 people to get tagged and list their names.
5. People who are tagged write their own blog entry with their 6 suggestions.
6. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.

Wow. Here’s my question: who am I to say what you should have accomplished by the time you’re 18? My life was a mess that I’m still cleaning up 10 years later. That said, everyone loves to give advice so here goes, minions… in no particular order…

1.Realize that finding out who you are and what you need is an ever changing task, because those things change.
2.Learn how to turn your dreams in to goals and take action towards them (no matter how big or small)
3.BE REGISTERED TO VOTE and do it
4.Set up some type of retirement account, however small, and make it a habit to deposit some amount regularly
5.Learn how to learn
6.Be able to look yourself dead in the eye in a mirror for two minutes

OK – tag, you’re it!
Heart In San Francisco


Meno

No Regrets

Susan

Punky

Jay (think you can handle being the only man on my list???)

14 Comments:

Jay said...

I'll see if I can come up with some decent advice for the little punks who are yet to turn 18. I think the best advice would be "don't do what I did" LOL ;-)


And I love that picture in your previous post. That kid isn't having any of Hillary's BS!

Susan said...

Wow. Do we really want ME advising the youth of America?

NoRegrets said...

Susan, you'd have the BEST advice. :-) As for me, well, we'll see. I'm also finishing up my interview questions from the Great Interview Experiment. This is almost like work!

WNG said...

Yes, Susan, we REALLY do!!!
I'm counting on you, Jay, to keep the punks in line :)
Yeah, NoR, except I actually LIKE this!

I am not Star Jones said...

I like your list...can help my old butt too!

WNG said...

I took a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach, Star :)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Where were you when I was 18 and could have used such good advice?

So can I do it as if I'm Britney's mama?

WNG said...

YES PLEASE!!!
I'm already laughing just thinking about it, that would be too much fun :)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Ok, I did the exercise and also there is an award for you which has been sitting there for awhile.

WNG said...

Don't know what to say...oh wait -
WOO HOO!

The CEO said...

Congratulations on your insights into investing into a retirement account. Well done!

meno said...

I suppose learning to dress and feed myself doesn't count.

I'll be thinking about this.

WNG said...

CEO - I've got a 401k and an IRA and even though I make a pittance I think I'm saving ok - but I think about where I could be if I had started earlier!!! I don't think people realize how much money just slips through your fingers when you're young.

Meno - from what I've seen in the malls that might be a lesson they're not getting anywhere else :)

NoRegrets said...

I'm done. I'm a simplistic sort of gal.