Saturday, February 23

and the winner is...


That's right, Papa G and I are going to the Windy City for a G Birthday Extravaganza. I can't wait. We're staying at a great hotel and planning visits to the Field Museum and Frank Llyod Wright's house and studio plus a taping of the Oprah show and nights out filled with good steaks, great blues and the touring production of Wicked. If any of my minions have other things for us to put on the list there is plenty of room.

I'm pretty excited about this trip. It almost makes up for the fact that I lost my entire iTunes library because I'm stupid and I don't back things up. (Don't be too mad at me, Flynn, it already hurts enough). I'm trying not to think of the hundreds of dollars in music I've lost and focus on the awesome trip ahead.

Focus...

Focus...

Focus...

Not working.

5 Comments:

meno said...

Chicago!!! Great food there.

Go stick your toes in the Lake at the beach by Navy Pier. Go visit the outdoor sculpture park that has "the bean" in it.

Jay said...

Chicago is a great choice. So much fun to be had there.

If you go to Apple.com and go to their iTunes page and find where to contact customer service you can explain what happened and they might restore your music for you. They will have a record of everything you've downloaded. It's worth a try.

The CEO said...

An excellent choice! Chicago also has excellent museums, both industrial and art. And cousins proclaim they have the best ribs downtown of anyplace on Earth. Everyone has a favorite place, so there's no single suggestion (cousin Gary, who lives in Minneapolis, and cousin Cary who live in Chicago both like a place called Rudolph's).

I'm with Jay. Even if it costs you a fee, it beats repaying the whole library. Sometimes bad things happen to really wonderful people. We learn from our mistakes. Makes you human. You still get to go to Chicago with your Dad!

NoRegrets said...

You can look up my last name and find an entire page of them. Or just go to the Polish section and find a store and eat kielbasa and pierogi and good stuff like that.

WNG said...

Meno - did I mention this would be in APRIL?!?!

Jay - I'm going to check out the Apple support later today after I'm done with my hairshirt.

CEO - Rudolph's goes on the list! Thanks to cousins Cary and Gary (chuckle).

NoR - mmmm pierogi yummm
is it sad that I'm more excited about the food than I am about practiucally anything else?