Friday, February 29

i'm confused


I am Queen of many things minions, the universe among them. I have tremendous powers of which you are all in awe. This is fact. I’m also a big, LOST loving dork. This is also fact. I used to feel like the writers were taking me on a really fun ride with their show. They weren’t asking too much of me and I wasn’t asking too much of them. We had a good thing going.
Then they started to fuck with my head. There really is no other way to put it. So far this season has been nothing but one brain bang after another. I can deal with the fact that only six of them make it back to the mainland. I can deal with Hurley going nutso, saw that coming a mile away. It’s kind of twisted that he’s seeing Charlie, but I’ll let that go.
Sayid becoming an assassin isn’t a huge leap, but working for Linus??? Fine. AGAIN I’ll go with you, since he’s obviously pulling some string pretty hard. I even went along with the stupid story Jack told at Kate’s trial. Do you see the pattern here? Do you see how many punches I’ve been rolling with?
Here’s where you went off the rails. Why the HELL does Kate have Aaron? And why is she calling him her son? And didn’t Des see Claire and Aaron getting rescued in one of his ‘visions’? Stop playing around and explain yourselves, damnit!
If you can actually explain to me how getting a person’s consciousness to travel through time is easier than moving a body through time I will forgive you for last night. You really want me to believe Des’ mind traveled through time? Seriously? Ok, you paid it off with the final call to Penny, but then you made me hate Farrady (instead of just finding him mildly annoying) with the thought that he helped Des more to save himself than my favorite Scot. I know that you guys can’t stand simple answers but this time we need a binary choice – either Locke or Jack has to be right. Pick one, please. And start letting us in on it soon ok, because I can’t take much more of this.
You guys are driving me Hurley.

9 Comments:

Jay said...

You're confused?!?

I've never seen an episode of this show so I have no idea what your talking about at all!

Someday when that show is over I will get the entire series on DVD from NetFlix and watch it from beginning to end.

WNG said...

When you do, Jay, you'll be banging your head against a wall at this point, I promise!

NoRegrets said...

I'm sorry. I can't read this post. I have not seen an episode of Lost, and I intend to start from teh beginning when I join Netflix someday.

His Sinfulness said...

I gave up on lost about 15 minutes into Raksha's attempt to explain it to me... and that was three episodes into the first season. You are truly HEROIC for sticking it out this long!

WNG said...

NoR- you and Jay could have a watching party:) I'm not sure I could watch them all one after the other. I think my head would explode.

Pater- Yes. I am.
ps. I knew raksha was cool!

The CEO said...

Too many TV shows stopped making sense a long time ago, such as Dallas in the 80's when people were shot and killed, and then it turned out to be a dream. That killed it for me since I had to read real literature in both high school and college. I can only suspend so much reality for so long. I'm not a good one for TV writers.

WNG said...

Yes, CEO, but I also like good acting and an interesting story and that doesn't happen too much in the movies these days, so there's about 5 shows that I like and watch on a regular basis. I must say though, even with all my bitching, half of the fun of LOST is being confused and talking to others (hi V!) who are just as confused as you are:)

The CEO said...

I'll just trust you on this one. I'll do what Jay is going to do when the time comes.

WNG said...

I can't blame you, CEO, I couldn't start watching it now:)
BUT Netflix is dangerous for me. I start with one or two episodes of something and soon I'm buying Stargate SG1 the compete series. It's a slippery slope...