Monday, March 17

diet schmiet

Weekend Update:
Thanks Mama G for hooking me up at the Ann Taylor Factory Store. Niiice.
Thanks V and the Family V for the company the dinner, and taking me out of Nine West before I embarrassed myself.
Thank you Donna Brazile for being the only black person on the Sunday shows to bring some truth when you said that you could hear ‘worse’ than Rev Wright in most of the black churches across the country on and Sunday. AMEN!

As for today…
Every couple of months we have a potluck day at work. The bosses will provide the big ticket items and the rest of us bring in sides. Today they’re having 6-foot long subs and plates of wraps brought in around lunchtime, which is healthier than the hamburgers we’ve been grilling out lately. It would be if we all hadn’t been eating since we got here. So far I’ve only noshed on a cheesy potato casserole and bbq chicken dip, but there’s still pasta salad, super garlicky salsa and taco salad to go through before we break for lunch and the REAL eating starts.
The G made her famous cookie and cake brownies, but I dyed the cookie parts neon green because I’m so damn clever.
So there goes my diet and/or any idea of staying on my healthy eating plan today even as everyone around me wallows in great tasting yet artery-clogging foods.

10 Comments:

Susan said...

Eat a brownie for me. I've been making food for work that I can't eat. It's kind of entertaining.

You're so damned clever. I heart that. :)

WNG said...

Well, if you insist...
I heart you, Susan.
And after work I'll be heartin' the hell out of Curves so it's all good :)

Jay said...

cookie and cake brownies? oh my! I may just show up at your place of employment today!

I'll let you in on a little secret. You can hear worse than Rev. Wright in all white churches every Sunday too! Especially back in the 90s when Bill was in office!

WNG said...

It wasn't a secret Jay, but thanks :)

I'll give you the recipe - they're sooo easy...just like moi :)

WOW! Sugar rush!!!

Inarticulate Fumblings said...

I need you to post your recipe for 'Cookie and Cake Brownies.'

No, I'm not kidding.

I need you to do it.

Now.

WNG said...

It's at home IF, but I promise to bring it in tomorrow.

See...easy :)

His Sinfulness said...

The feeling of "Wow, that looks really tasty, but I'll feel guilty/bad/fat/unhealthy if I eat it..." is what it's like everyday when you're a vegan. ;)

I hope you can overlook that feeling and enjoy - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The CEO said...

Y'all come to DC and I'll make you some sour cream chocolate cake. I'm not easy, but I'm worth it.

Monty

WNG said...

Pater - and that would be why you're a vegan and I'm not. My will power only extends so far, my friend :)

Monty - Sushi and cake...I'm starting to feel the pull...

NoRegrets said...

Diets are silly when there's good food around...