Monday, April 28

happy monday


This is the last Monday of birthday month. I know it's hard, but you'll be ok, minions, we have next year to look forward to. Since there are 20 million of them at least, I thought I'd pull out some random thoughts for you on this fine morning.

  • ABC is a tease. For weeks they've been playing the Harry Potter movies in order on Saturday night but next week they're switching to The Chronicles of Narnia instead of the 5th movie. Jerks.

  • I just admitted that I spend my Saturday nights watching Harry Potter.

  • Firing 30% of your staff, including your step-son and daughter-in-law is NOT the way to engender confidence and inspire the rest of us. I'm just sayin'

  • Taking vodka to some one's house after they've been fired should be a nationwide tradition.

  • Watching Men in Black on a Saturday morning when you're hungover while trying to eat eggs is a really bad idea. Really. Bad.

  • Finding Tanqueray vodka on sale at the liquor store is a sign that the ABC celebrates Birthday Month.

  • Does anyone like the new set of This Week with George Stephanopolous? It bothers me for some reason.

  • Newseum is a stupid word.

  • Never sign a contract saying you will jump into a pool in your underwear.

  • If you do sign such a contract make sure to swipe it while everyone else is drying off - that shit does not need to make it into the office.

  • If I was going to have a stripper name it really would have to be Honey Latte. Does Starbucks have that copyrighted?

21 Comments:

The CEO said...

Honey Latte....and when some guy that likes you says, hey honey.......are you going to slug him? How about something more sultry?

WNG said...

I would keep my stripper life and regular life completely separate, Monty, so no worries about me slugging people.
I like that you think I'm a slugger.
I like the word slugger.
OoooK. Maybe no more Honey Lattes for me this morning...

Jay said...

What bothers me most about This Week with George Stephanopolous is George Stephanopolous. ;-)

Honey Latte is a good stripper name. Very original too.

WNG said...

With me it's just his hair. And Donna Brazile's hair.
ALL of the hair, actually.
Thanks, Jay, I'll let you know where I'm working ;}

NoRegrets said...

Hmm.. a bookstore strip club that sells coffee and has a change machine that spits out dollar bills. Perfect.

What would happen if they got rid of dollar bills and only had coins? Can't see strippers dancing with coins making their bottoms hang low being very sexy...

WNG said...

Nor you crack me up. I'll have to ponder that coin question for a while...

Big Man said...

What about Spiced Chai?

I think that's a sexy name.

WNG said...

That couls work, Big Man...but then wouldn't people be expecting an Asian chick?

Did I just call myself a chick?

Oh well, we're talking about my stripper name, I guess the SS Class has already sailed :)

NoRegrets said...

BTW, I like the word Newseum...

WNG said...

Oh NoR...I used to like you...

NoRegrets said...

Fickle girl...

WNG said...

Newseum?!? REALLY? It couldn't just be the Broadcast Museum - they had to get all cutesy with it.
I honestly don't kow why it bugs me so much...it just does. But that's ok, I'll suffer in silence as usual...

slag said...

Are you saying you got fired? Or just some of your coworkers?

WNG said...

It wasn't me, Slag, just almost everyone else. It's kind of scary here.

Gye Greene said...

You must be one of the **good** workers! :) Way to go -- Slugger! :)

At least some family got fired too -- so, being equitable...


Have you tried Googling Honey Latte? You'd find out whether that term's on the net. (Although personally, that sounds like a nasty flavor combination. Bad-nasty, not desireable-nasty.)


--GG

WNG said...

I thought so too Gye, until I tried it. Now I'm addicted. I get a Venti every morning before work.

On the firing issue I think the main reason I'm still here is that I'd love to not be here and my boss is just like that.

Gye Greene said...

Re: not getting fired because you WANT to be gone...

Now **that's** just twisted.


--GG

WNG said...

I know, Gye, that's my world right now.

Eb the Celeb said...

havent seen tangueray vodka since college... its rare up here in nyc

I am not Star Jones said...

# Firing 30% of your staff, including your step-son and daughter-in-law is NOT the way to engender confidence and inspire the rest of us. I'm just sayin'

---is your boss one of those delusional people who thinks they make decisions in a vacuum or that it doesn't matter?

sigh...
i'm praying for you.

and I like Honey Latte.
You've inspired me to consider what would be my stripper name!

WNG said...

Hey Star!
You do NOT want to know about my boss. I promise.

I'm glad you like Honey Latte :) I try to be an inspiration whenever I can *sniffle* I try so hard!
Nintendo Wii is apparently coming out with a pole dancing game, so we can practice!