Friday, May 16

awards day


It’s hard.
Telling the truth, bringing the funny, sharing the painful parts of your life, opening your mind and searching your heart. None of these things are easy, but each of these bloggers does one or more of them so well that I was inspired. So here it is: The Balls Of Steel Award.

Es Locurais going through a terrible time right now with grace, charm and gratitude for small kindnesses (when I would probably just be sniveling and whining). She once said that life was kicking her in the balls, so here’s a pair with a lifetime warranty, sweetie – let life kick those for a while!

Big Manimpresses me with his search to better himself. He has the balls to question his own thoughts, reactions and motives. He also sends truth out into the blogoshpere with wit and heart. He’s already got balls of steel – these are just in acknowledgement.

Jonah Haslapshares his life in all its funny, painful, embarrassing, and heartwarming, thought provoking glory. He is, quite simply, hilarious. He’s also heading down the road to getting himself published. He’ll need these for his journey.

Susan - was the inspiration for this award. She faces her life head on every day, acknowledging the times she wants to run and hide and then walking on anyway. She gave me these when I needed them and now it's my turn.

Of course I didn't choose every person from my blogroll that was worthy - we all know how fabulous my roll is - but I trust these guys to pass them on. Pick 3-5 bloggers, spread the love and then let them know where they can pick up their balls (sorry, I had to). I chose each of them for different reasons, but I hope you’ll take a chance and read these ballsy bloggers. As different as they all are they each have guts and heart…balls of steel!

9 Comments:

Susan said...

I totally sent you that picture!!! Thanks, G. Since I've already wrote 2 blogs in oh, 12 hours I'll pass this on tomorrow. :)

WNG said...

No worries - take your time. And yes, it IS your picture, so what goes around...

Big Man said...

Man, thanks for including me on that list. I just read the other blogs, and they are really exhibiting the balls of steel you mentioned. It's impressive that folks feel that comfortable exposing their private lives for the world to see. I don't know if I could consistently be that personal, deep inside I'm a pretty shy dude.

WNG said...

Yeah, Big Man, I can't always do it either, but I can't always see my own actions as clearly as you do either. I'm glad you liked them!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Great choices, Wng, starting with YOU.

I'm going to check out the blogs I don't already know, Big Man and Susan, as Eslocura and Jonah, both wonderful and ballsy, are old friends.

The CEO said...

Well done, and thanks you for adding to my blogging enjoyment. I already read Big Man and Susan, but there's always room for more.

Jonah K. Haslap said...

In the words of Mr. Burns, ex-cellent. Or, in the words of Bumblebee Man, excelente!

Gye Greene said...

G,


Good stuff!

Naturally, I don't make the list: My balls are more woodsy -- perhaps a nice mahogany colour, with a tung oil finish (rather than a beeswax or varnish).


--GG

WNG said...

Hi Hearts! Glad I could make some intros!

There is CEO, especially on Orders from G!!! (how cool would it be if I really could give orders? I would be an awesome dictator)

Jonah - the great thing is that you're as humble as I am :)

Gye - we'll do balls of wood soon...