Wednesday, May 21

bitch slapped by MN


Sometimes Nature can be quite the bitch.
Mama G was trapped in the open on a bridge last night as hailstones pummeled the Sexy Mama Lexus. For over 15 minutes she sat still in traffic as her car was dented and dinged by Mother Nature. At one point she feared for her safety as her windshield glass cracked and around her other cars lost windows. As it stands now there is some serious damage to the SML and Mama G is NOT happy. It’s not so much the car itself, as the over 50 years of work that got her to a place where she could buy a car like that for herself. So she’ll get it fixed – after the G & Mama G Memorial Day Beach Extravaganza this weekend. Don’t worry; I’ll cheer her up with vodka.
So – why has it taken me so long to post? Well that would be nature again. Due to a lightning strike during the storm yesterday our entire network is down. No internet, no email, no databases, no printers – basically the only thing that’s working in my office are the phones. So I’m typing this on my desktop and waiting for everything to come back online so that I can post it. It’s annoying; my morning blog reading routine has been disrupted. I won’t tell you in which order I read you each morning, someone might cry, I’ll just say that I am compulsive enough to have an order and I do not appreciate Nature disrupting it.
Then again I’m sure she doesn’t appreciate the massive amounts of waste we pump in to the air, sea and land…so I guess I’ll just sit here, sip my coffee and brood in silence before she decides to prove once again who is truly in charge on this planet.

15 Comments:

Doc said...

MN can be like that... I had hailstones here yesterday too. Of course not nearly as bad as Mama Gs were... Yeesh !

WNG said...

Four words for you Doc - brand new lexus convertible...she's seriously pissed off. Glad you're ok though (and at least I got out of doing work for a couple hours this morning!)

Susan said...

How I wish all of our things were down today...It's been a helluva day, G, and only looks to be getting worse. Pray I don't have to work this coming weekend or someone is getting bitch slapped by Mother Susan.

WNG said...

I will pray for you Susan...mostly b/c I can't come to WVa and bail you out if things go wrong

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Oh my, I'm glad only the SML (I love that by the way Sexy Mama Lexus *lol*) was hurt in the storm.

Vodka saves... I KNOW! I am sure Mama G will be fine once you guy get the Memorial Day thang on the way!

I must say in this down-time at work I am happy to have stumbled upon your blog.

-OG

Jay said...

Very glad Mama G wasn't hurt! There's nothing scarier than getting caught in a hail storm while in the car. There's nowhere to hide!

I have a system for reading blogs and get annoyed when that system is messed up too.

The CEO said...

I agree that it's more important that Mama G came through unscathed than worrying about the car. The car can be fixed easily. On the other hand, the fish taco banter with you, Sasan and NOR has yet to begin. That's terrible. I am taking time out from a busy day, and I'm supposed to act like a grown up here, whatever that means. Someone get NOR, please. I'm having severe fish taco withdrawal.

WNG said...

OG - I'm glad I can be of comfort in your time of boredom. My new motto will be, 'Vodka Saves', in your honor!!!

Jay - I'm glad I'm not the only uber blog dork

CEO- sorry - we'll get back to regularly scheduled fish tacos soon! Today has just been pretty crazy around here:)

slag said...

She should just be glad that it wasn't flaming fish falling from the sky. Fried fish guts would be a bitch to get out.

The CEO said...

I guess I should be happy that everyone is OK, and that there's still vodka. I can always go read NOR's blog and dream of fish tacos, I'm kind of a growed up.

WNG said...

So true, slag...so true.

Fine, CEO, leave me for NoR. When the going gets tacoless...

NoRegrets said...

And here I am in AR, pretending to be an adult among adults. CEO, you know, even fish tacos can get stale 9ewww) - we'll move on to something equally interesting I'm sure.

Your poor mom. That is the definition of helplessness and a good reason to have a heart attack.

WNG said...

There's never a good reason for Mama G to have a heart attack, but I get what you mean.

The CEO said...

Who said 'moving on'?

WNG said...

I can always go read NOR's blog and dream of fish tacos

...sniffle...