Thursday, May 1

DFTL: girls, girls, girls


Here's your Thursday dose of Don't Forget The Lyrics. This week it's Girls, Girls, Girls because I've had songs about women (about me?) stuck in my head all week. So come one come all and share in my musical neurosis:


She’s got a case against me, a jury of my peers, and the rage of the righteous ringing in her ears…

Well she was an American girl, raised on promises, she couldn’t help but think that there was just a little more life somewhere else…

I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket…

She doesn’t use her love to make him weak, she uses love to keep him strong…

Sit down with her baby, wind is full of trash, she bold as the street light, dark and sweet as hash…

And though she tried her best to help me, she could steal but she could not rob…

Who you callin’ a bitch?

16 Comments:

NoRegrets said...

What's the last one from?

WNG said...

A Queen Latifa song - UNITY

NoRegrets said...

It's so quiet in blogland...

NoRegrets said...

Or am I just all alone and bored?

WNG said...

I'm here! I'm here! I've been over at Seal Press reading their apology and the comments, but I'm back now and will come visit you soon.
ps Susan said she was back but she lied...i think she owes me vodka now. i'm just sayin...

NoRegrets said...

Have you ever cooked with vodka? I specifically mean pasta with vodka sauce. It's actually quite good. Subtle. Or do you not cook?

WNG said...

I cook all the time, but if you cook with vodka you lose the alcohol, which is a crime in the World of G, so I usually cook with wine :)

NoRegrets said...

Oh, BTW, to answer your last question. YOU.

Just kidding....

WNG said...

It's ok, NoR, that was my answer as well :)

The CEO said...

I usually prefer to cook with cordials, and get the flavor, like Grand Manier or Midori, or even better 43 (extract of vanilla beans) which is exceptionally yummy. Or, you can use them to make mixed drinks.

Gye Greene said...

Bonus points for citing Cake! (One of my fave bands.)

Double bonus-points if you actually have the album, rather than just the single. :)

(I like "Symphony in G", too.)


--GG

WNG said...

Or you can use them to make me dinner AND mixed drinks! Think big CEO!!!

How many bonus points, Gye? Does it count if it was a gift?

Gye Greene said...

Seven bonus points.

If it was a gift, but you actually listened to it, and liked it -- then yeah, it counts.


--GG

WNG said...

It was a gift from my sister because I liked the single so much. And yeah, I loved it!

Gye Greene said...

I think I have four of their albums. Two are almost as good as that one, and the other is... o.k.

For what my endorsement is worth. :)


--GG

WNG said...

I'll check them out and then we'll see, Gye... but no pressure :)