Friday, May 23

today in G Land


Mama G will be here in about 6 hours. There are no words for my excitement – or for how much I hurt after my frantic apartment cleaning last night. Tonight we’re going to dinner with Part Time Blogger at Krush – my favorite place in Hampton Roads. Tomorrow we’re going to tear up the outlet mall at Williamsburg and ignore the history. The rest of the weekend will be spent drinking on the beach.

In other news – it’s cookout day here at work again. Our bosses will light the grills at 11 and the burgers and dogs will roll off around noon. Everyone has brought in side dishes to share and we’ll all be slacking off most of the day – especially since most of us are leaving early:)

Oh and V 2.0’s birthday is today. She took over in the office after V abandoned us for the Wilds of Raleigh, NC. In true G Birthday Smackdown style Sherie and I have gotten her a balloon, flowers, Starbucks and a ‘Celebration Basket’ from Mrs. Fields…cookies, brownies, Jelly Bellies, oh my!

I’ll be unavailable (drinking) until Tuesday – so this will be my last blog post until then. Have a great Memorial Day, minions. Be safe!

Love,
G
OH - and go check out Flynn's blog for a truly FANTASTIC post.

17 Comments:

Doc said...

Have a great time G... Will catch up with you on the flop flop to hear the stories....

WNG said...

Are you going to the race, Doc? Either way, have a GREAT weekend!!!

Susan said...

Have a great time, G! It's going to be a beautiful weekend to shopping and beaching. Give Mama G a hug from the girl she's never met and knows nothing of. :)

WNG said...

She knows, she knows :) she's a blog lurker, she's just too shy to comment. Which cracks me up, because she's the loudest person in the universe.

N E Way

We're going to have a great time! Starting with a scene by scene dissection of Grey's Anatomy last night.

NoRegrets said...

Have a wonderful wonderful weekend. Supposed to be good weather I think! I'll get back Sat, eat and drink Sat. night, and go climbing/trail working the rest of the weekend.

WNG said...

You too NoR - yeah we are supposed to catch a break this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Susan said...

I forgot to ask: Did you watch Ugly Betty last night?

Doc said...

Not going to the race this year... I am going to wait until Patrick is old enough to go with me. However the tailgate starts on my back deck at 11 am Sunday and the party doesn't end until the race is over well after midnight!!

I wish you could swing by...

WNG said...

YES!!!
And it was GREAT, but I knew they were going to leave us hanging. She's going to Rome - it's the only thing that makes sense for the show (and if she marries Henry I might get violent)

Susan said...

It was great!!! It really is the only thing that makes sense for the show but I swear if they send her off to henry I'll quit watching. This is the first show in awhile I've been waiting for fall for!

WNG said...

Doc - Mama G and I are on our way - we just have to stop at every liquor store in VA and NC first!

Big Man said...

What kind of drink is that in that pic?

WNG said...

Ok - you caught me - I googled 'patriotic alcohol'...so I don't actually know.

Doc said...

Wooo Hooo. The more the merrier... I hope ya'll like ribeye steak, BBQ chicken, and twice baked potatos... and I know you guys drink the hard stuff but I am going to also have more coors light than you can shake a stick at.

slag said...

Sounds like life's just one big G party. Color me envious.

The CEO said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your Mom! Make every moment count!

guerreiranigeriana said...

its been a while...how are you?...enjoying the weekend and don't drink too much;)...