Friday, June 6

decaffeinated


It wasn’t that Pookie the Wonder Jetta was suddenly lopsided, just that my driver’s side rear tire was flat. Well, possibly not all the way flat, but I didn’t feel comfortable driving it to the office, so I called Harmless. He of course, told me there was no need to change the tire and we should just drive to work and fill it – tomorrow I could take it to store and get them to check it out per my warranty. As I was retying my trunk back down because Volkswagen thinks a little piece of plastic should cost $250 and I disagree I sliced my finger.
Grimy from moving tire stuff around in my trunk and bleeding I pulled up at work…late. None of this could cancel out my high from the FREAKING AMAZING GAME between Mama G’s Boston Celtics and Brother of G’s LA Lakers. I love transcontinental family rivalry. My poor little finger is bandaged, my tire is full (for now) and all would be right with the world except I was late.
Which means I have had no coffee.
None.
At all.
Weep for me, minions. Weep.
Oh and hey, guess what?! Part Time Blogger is back - with a story about me, Mama G and our hotness...

14 Comments:

NoRegrets said...

Hm... how many times can he call you hot in one post?? Jeez girl.

Did the Celtics win?

WNG said...

But I am hot, NoR, he just isn't doing anything about it!
YES THEY WON!!! IT WAS GREAT!!!

Jay said...

I'm glad the Celtics won. My not watching must have been the good luck they needed. I think I won't watch the rest of the games. That will give them even more good luck!

I would have changed that tire out for you if you had called me. And if I lived there. I'm all manly and helpful like that. ;-)

WNG said...

Excuses, excuses, Jay. Fine, miss one of the great basketball final series of all time. I'll keep you updated :)
And I know you are manly and helpful like that, which is why I think you should move up here! The apartment next door to mine is empty...

The CEO said...

I am sitting here drinking my Cafe Estima BOLD which I dripped myself feeling terrible for you even given the Celtic's win. One needs proper nourishment to survive. Get yourself to a Starbucks right away. NoR, tell her.

WNG said...

I did at lunch, Monty, everything's ok now :-)

but thanks for rubbing that in...

Susan said...

OMG like...48 days until I am in the vacinity of your hotness!!!

WNG said...

Please, Susan, my hotness has a good ten hour radius...you're in it now!
But WOO HOO for 48 days!!!

Susan said...

Your hotness plus my lukewarmness--we're going to burn someone!!!


psstt...You have to go and read my comment on the gun post. lol

WNG said...

YOU ARE NOT LUKEWARM! YOU ARE SCALDING!!!
We won't burn anyone who doesn't ask for it...

Ok, I'm on my way over there...but I'm skurred...

slag said...

"because Volkswagen thinks a little piece of plastic should cost $250 and I disagree I sliced my finger."

Principled stands should never result in bloody fingers.

(I got that from my Aphorism-a-Day calendar)

WNG said...

The broke shall inherit the earth, slag...we'll just be a little battered when we do.

oh and you really should publish and aphorism a day calendar...or just make one for me!

Big Man said...

Is he talking about blasting cats? Who the hell are your friends G?

WNG said...

They're scary Big Man. Straight hood.


Just kidding. He's a teddy bear who sat there and fumed a little but completely let me handle it because he knows I can. If the guy had laid hands on Mama G or I that might have been different. As it was, we made jokes and continued with an excellent meal... no gunpowder involved.