Tuesday, August 19

arte y pico



And now for something completely different:
I actually won something – Mayren’s Love!!!

Mayren gave me this pretty, pretty award for general awesomeness. Actually what she said was a little too nice even for my massive ego to repeat. So, now I’m supposed to pass it on to my own top five. I was going to give you all a chance to bribe me with vodka, but it seemed somehow wrong…and selfish.
I’ll do it next time.

(*Disclaimer: I know for a fact that most of you will not pass these along and I have no problem with that)

I read The Black Snob every day. Most times two or three times a day because she has a habit of posting all day long, which I love. TBS is like a box of chocolates: sweet, brown and even at ats worst it’s still better than almost everything else!

Deacon Blue sometimes keeps me sane although he doesn’t know it. It’s religion with heart, and brains, and humor, and sci-fi, and – quite frankly – balls. Even when I don’t agree with him I learn from him.

Big Man likes my honesty, so I’m going to be honest and say I got a little pouty when he got an award and didn’t pass it my way. Then I had a Starbucks and got over it. Big Man has a big mind and a big heart…and sometimes a big mouth. He’s hilarious and has inspired more than one post over here. He always makes me think.

Everyone in the entire universe should be reading Some of Nothing. I’m not just saying this because Slag made my Vodka Saves graphic. I’m saying it because this is a brilliant political blog. I don’t have to scour the web for the funny and the insane or rail into the void against the idiots who make up our MSM sometimes because Slag’s got it covered – with videos, graphics AND West Wing references. In case you didn’t know – I’m a huge fan.

I don’t think I’ve missed a day of reading Kiko’s House since I found it. Even when I’m on vaca I read it on my phone (it takes fo…r…ev…er that way!). Shawn writes about everything and anything that you can think of but my favorite part are the quotes from around the blogoshpere each day – I’ve found even more great sites from his site. Thoughtful and ridiculously well written, it is a must read.

OK – so that’s it. I tried to choose people from my sidebar that I consider exemplary and that I thought some of you might not be reading yet… NoR, Susan, you don’t get to pout – you got lobsters ;)

I guess the only thing left to say is – TAG, you’re it!

20 Comments:

NoRegrets said...

[Wiping tear from my eye] I guess I'll go read these other blogs.

And? Any sex with the MAN?

WNG said...

oh shush - you got a lobster that wiggles!

nope - no sex with EITHER man...so sad...

Big Man said...

You know I would have tagged you if I actually paid attention and understood that I was supposed to tag the blogs I like the most. I just thought I was supposed to tag some people who I wanted to know more about. Since you're always so honest on your blog I feel like I already know a lot about you.

NoRegrets said...

And I so love my lobster. He'll have the operation tonight to reconnect his tail, and he'll squiggle around, but he'll be ok. It's so nice that he waves at me.

WNG said...

yeah, yeah, yeah...don't try and make me feel better now

just kidding ;)

i kind of hate these things because you always end up leaving someone out... which is why I tried to focus on newer additions to my blogroll and people I didn't think some of my other friends were reading.

WNG said...

I love that he waves at you too NoR,that just makes me giggle :-)

The Black Snob said...

Awwww! Thanks for the shout. I'm so glad you like the blog. I obviously spend a ton of time on it so any feedback is wonderful.

Thanks!

WNG said...

I spend a ton of time on it too, Snob! Mama G is now totally hooked on you as well. You're very welcome, keep up the great work.

NoRegrets said...

I know what you mean... There's always someone that has to be left out and it sucks...

The Mountain Cat said...

Cute angel

WNG said...

It classes up the place, don't you think?

slag said...

You like me! You really like me?
/self-loathing soap queen

OK, G. You've inspired me. I'm going to take this award that you've kindly bestowed on me, and I'm going to bestow it on someone else. Somebody new. Somebody cool. So, thanks!!!

Also, I'm in a bit of a dilemma because your Hope Kicks Fear's Ass post inspired me to create an award just for you. But now, if I give it to you, I'll look like I'm sucking up. What to do...what to do...? I'll think of something.

Susan said...

Loretta the Lucious Lobster is now officially hanging out in my car. I brought her to work then remembered my boss is here and already giving me hell about too many personal items at my desk.

I don't see what the big deal is for 2 snow globes, 4 shot glasses, 3 random packs of "sayings" gum, a ninja turtle, a picture of every one of my friends' kids, and 6 stuffed animals is too much personal. :(

WNG said...

Yeah slag, that's a tough one...what to do...hmm...
GIVE IT TO ME, SILLY!!!

Who cares if it looks like sucking up? Come to think of it, why isn't everyone sucking up to me all the time???

Susan - That is a great name, you have now thrown down the gauntlet for NoR...
And no, that is not too much stuff, it's called nesting, though all you really need is a pictures of me...and Loretta the Lucious ;)

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

LOL! Lobster? How do I geta lobster? I wanna know how the concert was? I'm nosey that way!! *lol*

-OG

NoRegrets said...

Mine's male. I can tell by how he gets excited and wiggles when I'm around. He I think is just coming off his vodka stupor, and I may hear his name yet. Louie? Legend? Lavicious (brother of sid vicious)?

WNG said...

I promise you'll be on my souv list on my next trip, OG. Of course, the next trip is to NJ, so may not want anything...
The concert was amazing! I didn't sit down the entire time (or stop drinking - hence today's hangover and scratchy voice). I swear I could lap that man up like ice cream...yum...
Oh and he did some cuts off the album due out in October - they sounded really good.

Just let him speak to you NoR and it will all come clear...

Mayren said...

I like that the angel matches your color scheme ... muahahaha
another win win for Princess WNG

WNG said...

Me too Mayren, I'm a fan of the pretty :)

aoc gold said...

THE WIND

(Part I)

Who has seen the wind?

Neither I nor you;

But when the leaves hang trembling,

The wind is passing through.

(Part II)

Who has seen the wind?

Neither you nor I;
But when the trees bow down their heads,

The wind is passing by.

~by wow powerleveling