Friday, August 15

ch ch changes


There are some big changes coming in the World of G. Whenever there are big changes brewing and I start to get a little freaked out I talk to Randy in my head. Randy Pausch, the professor behind The Last Lecture, lost his battle with cancer this year, but that hasn’t stopped the millions of people he inspired (like me) from going forward and it hasn’t stopped me from having imaginary conversations with him in my head.
Last night when I got off of the phone with Mama G I said a prayer of thanks for the blessings in my life. Then I started freaking out a little and seeing all the things that could go wrong. Then I lectured myself on being an Eeyore.
If you haven’t seen Pausch’s last lecture there’s a link to it below. Watch it and let it give you strength. I am.

mms://wms.andrew.cmu.edu/001/pausch.wmv

14 Comments:

Doc said...

Great.... now I have David Bowie stuck in my head.

But seriously as someone who has trouble with change sometimes I empathyze with you... I hope everything goes for the best.

Jay said...

Change is both exciting and scary. I'm ready for some change myself. I think. ;-)

WNG said...

you say that like it's a bad thing Doc... ;)
i hope so too - fingers are crossed and prayers are winging skyward...so far so good, but I'm fighting my inner Eeyore right now...

I think you are too, Jay. I think we usually are - we just don't usually have the guts to go for it.
Jay, GO FOR IT!

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I love him and you will be fine!! Emrace change like a homeless man on the street corner!!

-OG

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

that would be EMBRACE *lol*

-OG

NoRegrets said...

We should think of a definition for emrace...

I read this post first thing, and wanted to start quizzing you on what's happening, but I figured I'd better leave it alone and come back to just offer words of support. Remember you have a free trip up north in your future!

Change ultimately is good. The process of change is always hard.

WNG said...

I loved him too, OG. I'm working on emracing AND embracing ;)

It is hard...scary...but it's what I really want so...

yeah, still scary

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

emracing is what you do when you want to but you still kinda scared. Can't just drop the b on the thing you want to embrace so you emrace??

You like NoR?? Of the top of the dome baby!!

-OG

Big Man said...

sounds serious. i'll add you to my prayers.

WNG said...

not serious to anyone else but me, but i would really appreciate the prayers, Big Man.

Gye Greene said...

G,


Umm -- are you pregnant?

(Curious as to what the change might be...)

Good luck with the changes -- whatever they may be.



--GG

WNG said...

Not preggers Gye. But thanks for making me spit coffee all over my computer screen ;)

Gye Greene said...

> Not preggers Gye. But thanks
> for making me spit coffee all
> over my computer screen ;)

All part of the service, ma'am.

Which, is what some gentleman could've said, WERE you preggers. ;)


--GG

slag said...

That lecture was devastating. I liked it.

Can one evolve into a Tigger? That's what it's going to take for me.