Tuesday, August 19

secret lovers and answers



Part Time Blogger and I are going to see my secret lover in concert tonight. I can’t wait. Seriously – if I knew how to make time go faster it would be six o’clock…right…NOW!

Damn

Ok, so that try didn’t work, but it doesn’t mean I can’t keep trying.

At least until there's a restraining order...

Slag watched the Randy Pausch lecture from my post a few days ago (like a GOOD minion) and wondered if you can evolve from an Eeyore into a Tigger. Well, I think that some people are more naturally one than the other, but that all of us can make a choice.

People forget, I know I do, just how amazingly powerful each of us is. We can choose how to react to most situations, we can choose whether or not to give up, or get bitter, or be beaten down. We can choose, like the athletes I spoke of yesterday, to get up and try again – to rededicate ourselves each day to whatever our goals are. Randy once said in an interview, “Even Tigger cries”. So it’s not that we never get discouraged or have to take a moment, it’s that we decide, each day to try and find the joy. To try and have fun.

In the spirit of Slag’s question, Randy’s life and my never ending quest to be noticed by John Legend here are some of my favorite quotes – I hope they help you as they have me:

After one has discovered what he is called for, he should set out to do it
with all of the power that he has in his system.

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

You are in charge of your own attitude – whatever others do or circumstances
you face. The only person you can control is yourself.

-Dr. Marian Wright Edleman

whatever you can do,
or dream you can,
begin it,
boldness has
genius,
power and magic in it.

-Von Goethe

16 Comments:

Susan said...

"There are few things harder to put up with than a good example" - Mark Twain

NoRegrets said...

I have one in front of my face on a calendar: To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. (Joseph Chilton Pierce)

Nice. I bet if you pulled your shirt off and had no bra on you'd be noticed. If not by your musical love, then by Part Time Blogger....

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Wow grat post and great quots. I'd like to throw one of my favorites into the mix

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

-Dr. Suess

-OG

WNG said...

Too true Susan ;)

That might actually be the plan, NoR...

I love Dr Seuss, OG, he was so right about so many things - great quote.

Doc said...

"So I'll put on my Bob Marley tape and practice what I preach.
Get ja-lost in the reggae mon as I walk along the beach.
Stay in touch with my insanity there really is no other way.
It's a jungle out there kiddies
Have a very fruitful day"

-Brother Jimmy

WNG said...

Nice one, Doc. Now i'd like to leave work and go kick back on a beach somehwere...

sigh...

Big Man said...

My co-worker knows John Legend. They went to school together.

WNG said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

Are they still friends? Can he get me an autograph...or a night of passion which ends with him writing a song about me?

NoRegrets said...

WNG, you go girl!!!

Me-riding high on caffeine...

WNG said...

mmmm...caffeine...

slag said...

we can choose whether or not to give up, or get bitter, or be beaten down.
Tru dat. Thanks for answering my question!

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
(an oldie but a goodie)

WNG said...

A very, very goodie, Slag. And you're welcome!

Big Man said...

It's a woman, and they are still friends. I don't know if she can get you the passionate night, but I'll pass along the autograph request.

WNG said...

That concert was so great, Big Man. We didn't sit down fo rthe entire two hours he was on stage...amazing. He is the only man I would break my height requirement for.

Yum...

I am not Star Jones said...

john legend does something to me too...i guess because he's not always bragging about his talents but just showing them in his way...glad you had a blast.

aoc gold said...

Rain

Rain is falling all around,

It falls on field and tree,

It rains on the umbrella here,
And on the ships at sea.

-------- by aoc powerlevewling