Wednesday, October 29

Yes, I did

The line was loooooong...
But I met some hilarious people and Part Time Blogger were cracking up for most of the four hours we spent standing in line. We ended up at a great spot on the field of Harbor Park (home of the Tides baseball team - GO TIDES!) with a clear view of the speakers. Glenn Nye (running for Congress)... was pretty blah. If he gets elected it'll be a purely coattail victory. Bobby Scott is unopposed, again, because he rocks the Congress. He and Tim Kaine were almost worth standing in the freezing cold for.
But Obama was definitely worth the wait, the cold, the cramps in my legs AND the head cold i've got brewing today. He was awesome. Of course, I expected nothing less. Still it was a rush to see him so close you could almost touch him. For the first time in my life I was truly grateful to have snipers patrolling a rooftop. That may sound crazy, but it's part of the hope/fear dichotomy that I have going right now.
I could not work as hard as I have without the hope and faith that my work thus far and his work once he is elected will make this country better. I am scared to death that my work, and his, puts him and his family in a literal life and death situation every day. Strangely, the bomb squad trucks, the metal detectors, the dogs and the military helicopters made me feel better. His speech inspired me, the crowd warmed me, but it was the very obvious protection that comforted me.
Six more days...
then i hold my breath for four years...

ps - the pics will be up tomorrow, because my computer hates me...sorry minions

10 Comments:

NoRegrets said...

I'm glad you didn't freeze your buns off. And it must have been amazing...

Doc said...

We must have the pics !!!

Big Man said...

I'm jealous of you. I can't go to rallies and stuff because of my job, plus Big Homie only made one visit here during the primary. Still, I hate all of you who can attend these events. A pox on you all!

Doc said...

You all must come to my blog and see the picture taken of a house in Martinsville, Indiana

slag said...

Pictures, please. And glad you went and got fired up (in spite of the cold)! I hear you on the security issue. Whenever I see pictures of those huge rallies, the first think I think about is how hard it must be to secure. Nail-biting.

WNG said...

Believe me , NoR, I very nearly did. Brrr...

You'll have pics tomorrow Doc, promise!

You know that's not the only reason you're jealous of me Big Man :-)

I have never been so happy about security chekpoints in my LIFE
Slag!

I am not Star Jones said...

The minions will wait for photos...and I'm so glad you were there.

And the snipers ... I'm cool with my tax dollars going to them.

Gye Greene said...

"For the first time in my life I was truly grateful to have snipers patrolling a rooftop."

That, umm, happen for you a lot? :)

Seriously: glad you had a good time. :)


(No autographs, though...?)


--GG

Dianne said...

hope/fear dichotomy

I know it well

hang on! I am :)

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

HOW COOL IS THAT!

-OG