Tuesday, December 16

no, seriously

What is better than a Snickerdoodle?
There I was in the cookie aisle, looking for something to bring to the Cookie Swap at work tomorrow (which is a great, cheap holiday party idea for anyone still looking for one) and feeling guilty because there is no way my still-plague-riddled body is going to bake tonight when I saw before me Pepperidge Farm Snickerdoodles. There was only one bag left and I snatched it up like a New Yorker at a sample sale. I also bought two other kinds to take to the swap but the Snickerdoodles are all mine.

Yummy, soft, chewy cinnamon goodness that makes the entire world seem right eve if it isn't. Do you want to know the best dessert in the history of desserts? Take a Snickerdoodle (or two) and put it in an ice cream bowl and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds, then top it off with Caramel Dolce de Leche Haagen Daaz and prepare to forget your troubles.

I mean that is some serious yum. I know this may not seem like a deep thought I'm sharing here, minions, but on a dark cold winter night this is some serious comfort. Cinnamon is a holiday flavor for me and Snickerdoodles have always been holiday cookies to me. This year I won't be home for Christmas, but I will have snickerdoodles and ice cream and all will be right with the world.

On another serious note - I bought my Christmas present to myself today - Civilization IV, so if you don't hear from me for a while it's because I have abandoned you all to create and rule my own nation of minions. It's not that I don't love you all, it's just taht your Goddess G is a big dork.

14 Comments:

EsLocura said...

Beautifully said, and now I want some thing sweet and decadent to eat ... damn. Besos

Deacon Blue said...

Well, enjoy Civlization IV...myself, I'm holding out for the release of Diablo 3. dork that I am.

WNG said...

Es!!! Hey!
You should treat yourself, lady. yummm...

Susan - thanks for stopping by - but the next time you leave a link I'll be deleting you :-)

In the Obama age dorks are cool. It's you and me Deac, taking over the world!!!

Pamela said...

Now I want snickerdoodles. I wrote to my mom and asked her to make them for Christmas. Actually, I may make them with her since I've tried on my own and they never ever turn out like hers.

Susan said...

:(

I don't like that there's another Susan around and she leaves links. I'm susan #1, right G?

Deacon Blue said...

It's you and me Deac, taking over the world!!!
-----------------------

Probably not together, though...wouldn't want Mrs. Blue to get the wrong idea about us.

;-)

WNG said...

You are the #1 Susan in the WORLD!!!

Ummm...can mom make me some too? Cuz that would be awesome! Why does mommy food never taste the same when we try to make it? That's one of those deep questions philosophers have been pondering for ages...or the should have been.

No, no, no Deac - I do NOT want Mrs. Blue mad at me. I just want your dorkiness to help me take over the world, she can have all the rest of you ;-)

Deacon Blue said...

That works, WNG...she can do with less of my dorkiness and goofiness anyway (or so she tells me), so I think you can tap that safely.

Do have special rings or anything for this geek power thing...like the Wonder Twins or something?
(Super Geek Powers...Activate! Form of...A graphic novel!)

Deacon Blue said...

Clearly, WNG, this strange new Susan is merely a webbot dropping posts here to boost business...might want to check your spam or change your settings a bit.

Deacon Blue said...

Oh, and BTW, I meant to say this earlier, but soft molasses cookies are better than snickerdoodles...but only marginally.
;-)

slag said...

Too sweet for my blood. And dorkiness has been in fashion for a while. It's just taken some time for people to realize it.

WNG said...

Wow Deac - you just broke my heart. NOTHING is better than the snickerdoodle! It's the best cookie EVER... but if you wanted to send me some others to sample I could keep an open mind...

What is this too sweet you speak of Slag? I do not understand this phrase.

Oh and ps '...form of graphic novel' had me falling out of my chair laughing ;-)

The CEO said...

I have no idea what a snickerdoodle is. Does this mean a G-re-education camp?

Gye Greene said...

Sorry - coming late to the party.

Is there a technical difference between gingersnaps and snickerdoodles? Or is it just a regional difference -- differenet names for the same thing?

I don't think they're my #1 choice -- but, definitely in the top 5.


--GG